Author Topic: Goals, Progress, & Discussion  (Read 16736 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Goals, Progress, & Discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 01:32:24 pm »
Updated the master post. Links now including for everything needed.

It's as simple as that. Just tell me which one do you want, do you want a HD instead the japanase text for example?

I'm currently naming all the files as PROJECT KID. Could we replace the Japanese text with that?

Or maybe a vote: What should the name of the project be?
  • CHRONO CROSS: HD
  • CHRONO CROSS: HD EDITION
  • CHRONO CROSS: PROJECT KID
  • Something else

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 03:12:00 pm »
I'll mock up those subtitles if someone else can handle the transparency settings and the logo insertion stuff.

Seeing them might help folks decide which they like best.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2020, 09:01:05 pm »
I'll mock up those subtitles if someone else can handle the transparency settings and the logo insertion stuff.

Seeing them might help folks decide which they like best.
That would be awesome, Bekkler! If it's as simple as replacing the right texture, I'll try to find it within the files so we can test out the mock-ups.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:21:03 am by Kodokami »

tvshtr

• Iokan (+1)
  • lightly seared on the reality grill
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2020, 09:58:07 am »
Decide then I'll deal with preparation of the textures [ it's two textures with 10 tiles ea. ]
Remember that it has to fit into the frame of the current logo

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2020, 10:22:35 am »
Amazing work you guys are doing!
Just want to mention a classic old Bug to Fix.

When you get Serge back in party (just before starting CD2) head to Termina (Home World) with Viper in your party, in the Bar's backstore/secret room you can get Viper's Lv.7 Signature Element (FlagBearer) and Dragoon's Glory, the Bug is you can exit->reenter the room and spam infinite FlagBearer/Dragoon's Glory

Recently I manage to edit the Fieldscript in the room and fixed it! But I'm not sure how to share it
So I'll just post the Raw Hex data, you can simply use a HexEditor (I use HxD) , open your iso/img , open the corresponding .txt and just copy-paste it in your iso! (Make sure to use the corresponding .txt files) and Voila!

Location on a regular CD1 iso/format 2352 (Sector 25473)
from offset : 03923148 to 0392D8AF (Length = A768)

Location on a regular CD2 iso/format 2352 (Sector 24658)
from offset : 0374F178 - 037598DF (Length = A768)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Location on a CD1 iso/format 2048
from offset : 031C0800 - 031C9A0F

Location on a CD2 iso/format 2048
from offset : 03029000 - 0303220F

*I know it was done in the Single-Disk Project

Changes:
*All data from disk2 added to disk1.
*fix Viper tech bug in Termina
*fix Dario battel logic
*fix Criosphinx battel logic

but just in case it can help!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:16:54 pm by Grobycftw »

Timefrog

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2020, 02:58:07 am »
Hey everyone. First time posting on this forum, been lurking on it for a couple days when I came across upscaled backgrounds of Chrono Cross. I really, REALLY appreciate all the work that has gone into this project. I was always hopeful that something like this would happen in the future.

I wanted to give out some ideas/suggestions to this project and hopefully I am posting in the right area.

1. Recruiting Glenn regardless if you save Kid or not is a great one idea and pretty simple I think. Since Glenn joins you before going to Hermit Hideway in the don't save kid path why not have him join you before going there in the save kid path?  He mentions going to see Radius before he leaves Termina so he could join your party at that point and not disrupt the story.

2. Guile being revealed as Magus and restoring his story that was intended to put into the game would be wonderful. I understand if adding all of it would take too much away from the game but I'm sure people would be happy with even a small amount.

3. Mojo being able to join your party before you go to Cape Howl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IziW5Eue7kc This video shows that the creators intended to have Mojo recruited before Cape Howl but for whatever reason scrapped it.

4. The ability to use the Tele-porter at anytime to switch out your characters, the same as Chrono Trigger.

5. Implying a sound option to turn off Battle Music so you can toggle the background music of the map instead. The battle music is pretty distracting when the mood is suppose to be sad, or spooky.

6. If you guys are planning on adding new elements to the game, I suggest adding in a few low grade summons seeing as how you have the star points but can't use them until you get Frog Prince. Maybe add one summon for a few colors for lvl 3, 4 or 5 so you get a total of 4 new summons added. It could be healing or status recovery or Buff/Debuff or Dmg.

7. Status aliments could be handled in a few different ways. You could have...
A. Status aliments could have a better chance of applying to you or the enemy the stronger the element lvl is. Lvl 1 or 2 would have very low chance were as Lvl 7 or 8 would be closer to 50 or 60% chance.
Or...
B. Status aliments could have a better chance of applying to you or the enemy the more the field color is filled with the same color. A fully colored field would have a 40-50% chance for a element of the same color to apply a status aliment.
Or...
C. Status aliments could have a better chance of applying to you or the enemy the more times Fire/Ice/Water/Electric/Ground/Wind/Poison elements are cast in a row. Example would be: You have used a fire type element (Fireball,Magmabomb, etc.) 3 times, either in a row or throughout the fight, and now the enemy has gone from a low-medium chance to a medium or high chance of getting burned on the 4th fire element done to it.
Or...
D. Most techs would have a higher chance to apply a status aliment. This would only apply to appropriate Techs.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:26:55 pm by Timefrog »

kengru

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2021, 06:33:07 pm »
Do you guys have a mirror download for the All-in-one package download? It isn't working for me.

Thank you!

kengru

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2021, 03:18:31 pm »
Nvm.
For some reason I couldn't download the game from the Dominican Republic so I used a VPN and it worked, big thanks to everyone who has worked on this.

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2021, 05:24:28 pm »
Great job!

Theanine

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2021, 08:33:02 pm »
I've been doing my own independent tests of HD-upscaling on Chrono Cross's pre-rendered backgrounds. I searched for the pre-rendered backgrounds on Google and found most of them uploaded on Imgur. So far I've been seeing amazing results.

But since the backgrounds I got were from Imgur, not necessarily in the correct dimensions, nor in a complete set, I'd like to work with the original texture files instead, ripped from my copy of the game. Can anyone here share the list of tools they used to extract the textures (including the prerendered backgrounds) from the game disc and convert them to something usable (ie. PNG)?

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2021, 04:28:08 am »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 10:06:34 am »
I've been doing my own independent tests of HD-upscaling on Chrono Cross's pre-rendered backgrounds. ... So far I've been seeing amazing results.

I'd have to agree!

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2021, 11:22:54 am »
can you tell, what method is used to calculate textures hash? For example, if I want to improve the textures other languages.
upd:
Okay, I just do the damping new elements. However, texture navigation is very difficult. Need some kind of table
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 03:20:16 am by prizvel »

Theanine

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2021, 03:42:09 am »
I think this is what you need

tim2view_win32
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vOsaBGfOSMrsssZwPhLev_7qCF0l6yQl/view?usp=sharing

Thank you, I was able to get the textures for 3D models (like characters, weapons and such) very easily using that tool.

The pre-rendered backgrounds seem a lot harder to find, or, maybe they're stored in multiple parts? I see what looks like bits and pieces of different backgrounds, stored in different textures... definitely not all just one image for each. If that's the case then this'll be a lot more complicated than I thought!  :shock: Or maybe the backgrounds are somewhere else and stored in a compressed format or something.  :?

BTW here's another test I just made. You'll want to open this image in a new tab and zoom in to see the difference, this forum's width shrinks it otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 03:48:29 am by Theanine »

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2021, 03:48:27 pm »

Thank you, I was able to get the textures for 3D models (like characters, weapons and such) very easily using that tool.

The pre-rendered backgrounds seem a lot harder to find, or, maybe they're stored in multiple parts? I see what looks like bits and pieces of different backgrounds, stored in different textures... definitely not all just one image for each. If that's the case then this'll be a lot more complicated than I thought!  :shock: Or maybe the backgrounds are somewhere else and stored in a compressed format or something.  :?

BTW here's another test I just made. You'll want to open this image in a new tab and zoom in to see the difference, this forum's width shrinks it otherwise.

Very good! But now i realized that the Tyrion's mod does not use the originals from the disk.
Unfortunately, I was inactive for a year, so I skipped this project. It took me several days to figure out what's what. Now that I understand how it works, I need to add new textures to the archive for my mod, because my game looks like this

Hash of my textures does not match the hash from Tyrion's archive, so i make them.

Therefore, I will create a folder on google drive and upload the originals of the textures there. You can take them from there. I will lay out the textures gradually, and not all 8k at once, and they will be sorted into folders. I will post a link to the disc with the originals a little later.
If you need some specific one, then write to me, I will try to speed up its appearance in the archive. You also need a place to store new textures. Has anyone thought about this?
upd:
Original texture dump: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b7uTH0Hj_XfwqOxwqfYsOynfOYysrCOi?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:38:47 am by prizvel »