Author Topic: Goals, Progress, & Discussion  (Read 17193 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Goals, Progress, & Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 02:23:54 pm »
Will keep on testing and will update my experience here, I am also streaming a full playthrough (giving full credits to Tirion of course)
That's awesome, Roanfox! I'm glad it's working for you. Feel free to share your stream here at the Compendium!

Also, would you be interesting in trying out our Single Disc edit as well? I believe we've only had one other playtester (who said it ran perfectly), though more testing is always helpful. Plus, having saves at specific locations would be great since it doesn't appear older saves carry over.

Does this sound reasonable? Or have I missed something crucial?
I don't really have the knowledge to say for sure or not, but that reasoning sounds good to me. Thanks for taking this up!

I'm curious myself how the actual inserting of graphics such as that one works. I'm guessing using a program like alfadorredux's Purple Cat Tools or something?

Roanfox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 06:31:52 pm »
That's awesome, Roanfox! I'm glad it's working for you. Feel free to share your stream here at the Compendium!

Also, would you be interesting in trying out our Single Disc edit as well? I believe we've only had one other playtester (who said it ran perfectly), though more testing is always helpful. Plus, having saves at specific locations would be great since it doesn't appear older saves carry over.

I will share the stream here for sure!

Yean no problem I will gladly test both of them
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:32:45 pm by Roanfox »

Roanfox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2020, 12:57:12 am »
Twitch stream is on https://www.twitch.tv/roanfox btw

So did some testing today:

• I could achieve 60 fps with CPU overclock on 240% and GTE overclocking on, thing is audio starts to jitter, it's like if the fps are over 40 in the closeups during battle (when picking light, medium or high attack) the audio fails. So with CPU on 200% and GTE overclocking game runs pretty smoothly. Problem is that also with over 30 fps in battles during selection of spells or attacks, the sprite of the attack meter or the spell will flash, making it very annoying
  • Also if both GTE overclocking are on and CPU overclocking is over 200%, it crashes the game if using Uplift, will keep testing more spells as I play the game to check which of them crash it, but it starts at the same threshold where UI elements flash
  • Seems that the most stable config to play it in terms of fps and quality is either 200% CPU overclock with GTE Overclocking OFF or 140% CPU overclock and GTE Overclocking ON
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:08:32 am by Roanfox »

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 04:33:18 pm »
Very nice, keep up the good work!

tvshtr

• Iokan (+1)
  • lightly seared on the reality grill
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2020, 01:57:42 am »
I've remade intro logo from scratch, in vectors, it can be scaled to any size you want, HD can be easily added too [maybe in place of the Japanese subtitle?]. The only issue is that I don't know how to add glow, can't figure how alpha is done...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:12:53 am by tvshtr »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 03:03:18 pm »
That looks really nice, except the edges as you're already aware. I too ran into alpha channel troubles on my attempt and if you get it figured out I'd love to know how.

tvshtr

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 05:07:12 am »
That looks really nice, except the edges as you're already aware. I too ran into alpha channel troubles on my attempt and if you get it figured out I'd love to know how.

I've figured out how to do it but not how it works XD

and I'm working on a modernized version

Would be great if the guy who did upscale shared his scripts or explained how it;s done
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 05:11:32 am by tvshtr »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 10:55:53 pm »
Looks amazing! Great job.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2020, 01:23:19 am »
Yeah, really sharp.

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2020, 03:23:01 am »
@Kodokami in the things that could be added to that list :

Add a wraith with the ghetz shirt (prizvel did a patch for that : https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=10846.msg221160#msg221160 )

Switch the portrait for lynx to the second one after the bodyswap between lynx and serge for the few time we will see it (when we select an answer to a question as serge/lynx) (that one :

One more that is more of a simple wish, add a way to recruit glenn no matter the path (maybe just make him recruitable in the save kid path only on new game plus ?)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:49:09 am by Rookie_One »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 05:05:45 am »
Is it worth going ahead and hosting a 0.1 build (or "patch", as humorous as a 5 GB patch is)? So far I've just seen the textures and tools uploaded, but maybe we'd stoke even more interest if we had an actual plug and play product to roll out.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2020, 12:29:12 pm »
I was actually planning on putting together a "walk-through" of sorts on getting it all together and working. Just haven't had the time, and wasn't sure if we could actually host it here. But if it's cool with you, I'll get to work on it again.

Add a wraith with the ghetz shirt (prizvel did a patch for that : https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=10846.msg221160#msg221160 )

That would definitely be a good thing to add. In fact, it may already be included in the single-disc edit? I'm not sure, I'd need to due more play tests to see. As for the others, I would need to learn how to modify more myself!

That's awesome! Looks great. I wonder if it's as simple as replacing the right textures from the texture pack.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2020, 07:37:18 pm »
I have the Beetle-PSX mod uploaded, and am currently in the process of uploading the 5 GB texture pack. I'll give you the links when it's good to go.

Placeholder exists here for them: https://www.chronocompendium.com/wiki/index.php/Chrono_Cross_Modifications_and_Translations

Edit: OK, check out the upscale section. Links are good to go.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:13:21 am by ZeaLitY »

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 02:24:57 pm »
to add in the bugfixes, wasnt there a bug where Razzly fierce(3) attack hit harder than supposed to, while Zoah fierce attack hit weaker than supposed to ?

tvshtr

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 02:44:44 pm »

That's awesome! Looks great. I wonder if it's as simple as replacing the right textures from the texture pack.

It's as simple as that. Just tell me which one do you want, do you want a HD instead the japanase text for example?