Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Galactea 3rd project.  (Read 16849 times)

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Galactea 3rd project.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2020, 05:11:52 am »
Ah... the 4am zone.   It is time to share some things.  These are some tiles that are to be used for the floating islands.  Zeal in 1999 if it had made it there is fun to make. Don't you wonder what will be up there waiting awake me? probably the horrors or magic and science. Will this be a fun and beautiful location? Anyway i'm going to bed.  My science officer is attempting to create a make shift solar sail in an attempt to generate power. I got lots done but no spoiler textures for you today just some architecture.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 07:53:38 pm »
So far everything is working ok and i've been working on stone and stain glass stuff that will be in the temple of spoiler.  This temple will contain a lot of the history of zeal to that point and beyond.  Agent 86 who is now stuck, will be focused on using this knowledge to find his way home. I will tell some of his story through narration as he progresses through. Don't worry about shooting stuff as there will be lots of that, i'm not losing focus and you can still have a quick game of course.  What about lori? to answer that question i will say that Ayla is strongest.  I could, if i wanted to, communicate properly and write things down in an ordered and structured manner but i will just do that thing where I talk about something else for a bit. I'm sure you've seen the end screen of reptite rage.  Ayla is not happy, her home is destroyed and her friends fates are uncertain. The start is now the finish and the forces which conspired to prevent this cataclysm have failed to kill the one thing they were looking for all along, agent 86.  He is the cause. He was there already and his return shattered an evil empire. As always he is alone in a world he remembers a thousand versions of. Did you know I forgot to turn off the map function in reptite rage? yeah you can press F1 and see the map! isn't that something? couldn't you use that to get an early dream gun? it doesn't matter i'm sure there is one on timeline 5 or 6 anyway right at the beginning.  I didn't forget... I just didn't say anything.  Now that you know about the map i'm sure you'll be killed by slashers because you couldn't be bothered to look up from your hud. By now you are a solid agent and no longer have need for such devices. So now you are up to speed and know everything you need to about Lori. Did you find all the red stone? really only one guy has it. Ayla isn't just going for revenge either.  Ayla is strongest.  You will play these characters individually and they will have their own arcs.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 02:46:19 am »
I'm rescaling the enemies so i can make things look correct.  Before things looked to big, or they will after you see this.  So this is the new textures and the new rescaling.  It looks way better.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 01:28:15 pm »
This is a stain glass thing that never worked out.  I tried stain glass textures but it didn't work out for a couple of reasons. What you are seeing here is some auto generated stuff that isn't good enough quality to use i don't think.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 02:33:15 am »
Working on Ayla's weapons right now.  So far these are parts of a claw animation. Of course there is more than just scratching things and i'll get to that later.  I have more time to work on this.  More to come.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 09:13:34 am »
Looking good, doc!

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 02:35:42 am »
These are some of the status bars i'm thinking of using they look ok.  I'll try to work on them more.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 08:44:49 pm »
Thats aweful... I had to fix that.  Srry.  This is better.  Sometimes it doesn't occur to me that art is hrd.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 12:30:59 pm »
I fixed that picture again.  I completed 4 of ayla's weapons 2 of lori's weapons and i might as well redo agent 86's weapons.   I have enough stuff to do the thing.  I'm not going to rush anything. I tried this other thing where a Nu runs from out of the darkness and kills the player but than i decided that was terrifying so i didn't.  It's starting to look a lot nicer than it ever did before.  That is good.  I did a test of ayla's weapons and beat reptite rage with them and that was a ton of fun.  I might just release that too but it seems redundant. i do racing now... I need to break... break early... wait to gear down...

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2021, 03:08:41 am »
some screen shot  updates to show you how it's going.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 01:43:43 am »
I've changed the intro music to something better and public domainy and you have never heard anything like it.  After every chapter the menu music will have a cool new song. I've picked something very near to me.  Just like chrono trigger it got me through the bad times. It's all good times now.  The help screen will contain the stats and current level of the character you are playing.  There is no actual level up system but things will change nearly every level. The character stats will be as close to chrono trigger as i can.  I'll look up how damage is calculated so that i can try to match stats properly even though it doesn't matter.  There will be voiced dialogue in the missions.  I have a lot of sprites now too I might dump the assets online. 

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2021, 10:32:24 am »
Welcome back, Doc! Glad to see this is still progressing (now that I doubted that it would), but you know I love updates! :D

I'm impressed that you're moving to voiced dialogue!

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2021, 12:09:00 am »
Thank you for your support.  No it's not dead.  Although everyone on the day of Lavos is having a hard time. It will be no spoiler that this game takes place in a world where they didn't kill Lavos.  Today I also finished an enemy animation  I'm trying not to reuse a bunch of the old game without making stuff like the computers a whole lot nicer and useful for showing what is happening in the world.  Since a lot of textures can be swapped per level I can use these screens for a few things.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 06:52:13 pm »
This is the title screen.  I wanted that star trek layout.  This cover is artistically correct to the story i'm telling.  I'm still working on it.  It is looking good and feeling good.  It's hard to start laying out the story but i'm sure all the characters will learn what they have to and get to where they need to go. Do you like the ship? it's the Galactea.  Or is Ayla the Galactea, not the ship the phenomenon. unfortunately only 3am me will know until release. I can't read 3AM me's notes so i have to remain in the dark.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2021, 03:06:05 am »
So this is the big man.  He's big and he doesn't look too bad. I've completed a whole bunch of assets and stuff. Yes you shall enter lavos's interior.  It's going to look like something other than a cave.  I will keep at it.