Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Galactea 3rd project.  (Read 16854 times)

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Galactea 3rd project.
« on: May 14, 2020, 03:31:03 pm »
I am working on a 3rd installment of my FPS chrono trigger fan series.  This will be a battle between Agent 86, Agent 86, Ayla and a new character I have named Lori, if you have a better name or input I welcome it.  An important part of the story is the statues that appeared throughout the first two games.  These statues never had a character sprite that could walk around and attack the player.  So I am making this and more. I would like to ask the community if they would like to help in this regard.  I have a base model that i will use and i'm using the 64 by 32 pixel grid with 3 tone colors on the sprite 3 color tones per color used.  This has proven to be a challenge as statues are stone. so if you have a submission that is better I would really love to include that.  I need the statue Enemies to be muscular and have the red/purple glowie sort of cracks.  I would like to have a male and female version.  The female ones will likely be modeled a little after ayla and use an all 4's style run animation.  Also I think something is wrong with my version of Crimson Cold war as a default wall texture or an unknown texture can be found near the end of one of the levels. I'll post a screenshot of that.  Also i'm pretty hammered when i work on this project because i don't want to remember the levels before i play them, so if you want to be a level designer i do welcome that.  If you have any wall panel edits you would like to do that is also welcome.  Below is the resource i'm using for the statue sprite.  This game will not be about separate timelines.  It will take place in the cataclysm caused by the events of the first two games in a reality that agent 86 doesn't belong in.  so roughly 15 weapons will be needed as there will be 3 characters that you will play as in this next game.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Galactea 3rd project.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 08:58:09 pm »
Sounds great. Can't wait!

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 05:27:39 am »
Looking forward to playing it when your done!

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 09:42:19 am »
So i stay up all night doing this walking animation  than i put it in the wrong order because tired me is a terrible person to awake me. Using all my stuff and not asking about snacks... just eating them. Anyway this is last nights progress.  I should be online most of the day.  That is much closer to what i was thinking of.  These statues lift.  I'm going to post progress as I go this time around. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:48:10 am by Doc_Cigarette »

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 04:31:42 pm »
So the 4 walking animations.  2 attacks and 5 death frames are done. on this one sprite.  I didn't include the tail or the wings because stylistically i got a lot of grey there and having more grey stuff in back could hurt the design.  If Anyone has a way to make this a little better I welcome that, but still this is the first whole sprite i've done.  I've got some panels I cut out too.  Also regarding that Crimson cold war glitch.  I'm going to get a screen shot of that in a bit.  I must expedition through the game once more.  Agent 86 wasn't high level in the first game and he doesn't turn very fast.  I'm going to pull out a metranome after that and attempt to clocktrack some simple guitar stuff. That is not a hopeful project but the song about making clock tracks was pretty clear on how to do it.  I have no idea how to make a midi file without a yamaha keyboard and a special cable.  I'm not musically inclined but i will make the attempt nonetheless. 

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 05:39:12 pm »
This is the mystery tile that has no earthy buisness being there.  It shouldn't be there and I don't know why it is there.  If you have this mystery tile as well let me know.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 10:30:42 pm »
This is the mystery tile that has no earthy buisness being there.  It shouldn't be there and I don't know why it is there.  If you have this mystery tile as well let me know.

Clearly Zeal has plenty of secrets... Blame it on Balthasar!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 11:06:45 am »
Mystery door!!!! :shock:

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 09:36:06 pm »
I have an intro song. I gotta get a pack of smokes and thank a bassist. This MP3 is an original.  I want to make it the intro music. I will work harder on it as I will try to record more when time is permitted.  I already made a bunch of time machines but an unknown assailant keeps breaking in and murdering the occupants only to escape.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 10:09:45 am »
Haha, that's great. It definitely has that id Software, early Doom vibe. I like it!

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 03:34:50 am »
This is the portrait for Lori.  I flipped marles portrait and made blocks of where stuff was supposed to be. I zoomed it out and it looks ok. More to come as i work.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 09:18:26 pm »
I have been toiling.  I have come up with 2 wall tiles today. As I was looking at the Arris dome for the colours to match other colors and all that I saw this head.  I have attempted to reconstruct what it may have looked liked.  I couldn't find anything on it in basic searches.  I may use it as a plot point if it is merely a coincidence. Still... Mysteries... Anyway i'll show tiles when i have lots of them. for now there is only more questions.

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 12:47:36 pm »
My update this morning.  I finished building some architecture  That I couldn't use because it was too big and beyond what i normally use.  So I decided to chop it as i wasn't willing to let it go. These 64 by 64 tiles are the result.   

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 02:16:33 pm »
Looking great! The progress is incredible! You work fast!

Doc_Cigarette

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 02:51:04 pm »
Thanks, between racing and inquisitor I've had my hands full.  It's like I got all day now but still not enough time to do everything.