Author Topic: CC Enemyedit: Max HP Possible?  (Read 315 times)

Maximus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
CC Enemyedit: Max HP Possible?
« on: April 12, 2020, 03:41:27 pm »
** I changed title name because a new discovery
I Discovered that on New Game + monsters Stats get double, Hp is evident, not sure about other stats...any way to confirm this more in deep?
So...
I am working on a mod with all CC Enemies stats increased x2.00 (HP, ATk, Def, Mag, MDef)
However, just tested on the final boss DT (Lavos) and its Hp resulted to be around 160 ~ 170! (I set it on 20000).

There is a kind of limitation, i haven't even exceed the 65535 stated limit on the app tool.

Would like to know if anyone have experience on this?  :roll:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:15:47 pm by Maximus »

glennxserge

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: CC Enemyedit: Max HP Possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:24:24 pm »
I think the base HP value also scales with game progress... somehow, and I'm guessing the game doesn't have an overflow check so you can get odd behavior.  My current hunch is this is star based.  For instance, when fighting beach bums at star level 0, they have just under half the HP their stat block indicates, but near end game (in the 40 odd star level), they are pretty close to the right amount.  I haven't tested this at the 99 star limit since I don't have a save state that far, but it's something I intend to do.

Also keep in mind, this means it's also possible to have HP issues on the low end-> if you set a beginning enemy to 1 HP for instance, it gets halved and rounded down to 0.  You get enemies that are instantly dead but don't go through the dying animation.