Author Topic: Recent original CT art  (Read 8689 times)

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent original CT art
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 07:16:37 pm »
lol... :shock: uh... thanks for the scans? I wonder if I'd have shipped them had I known. Oh well. It was 20 years ago, I was going by headcanon anyway and I have no regrets.

If Frog's 40, Magus must be ancient. :shock:

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 07:45:42 pm »
Maybe my memory of seeing them on the Compendium was incorrect.
We have several of them scanned, long before that Twitter thread. Unfortunately, the Compendium didn't have the ones for Lucca or Marle either.
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Trigger_OAV_Manga.html
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:51:01 pm by Vehek »

cymorg

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I draw Frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 04:54:57 am »
That's info from a V-Jump magazine or so.

―公式初期設定(Vジャンプ掲載)―
  クロノ:17歳 168cm 57kg
  マール:16歳 158cm 45kg
  ルッカ:19歳 160cm 48kg
  カエル:40歳くらい(グレン時の年齢は不明)134cm 42kg
  ロボ:175cm 189kg
  エイラ:24歳 168cm 59kg
  魔王:年齢不明 178cm 58kg

Lucca is 19, while Frog is... 40, apparently.

Maybe my memory of seeing them on the Compendium was incorrect.
We have several of them scanned, long before that Twitter thread. Unfortunately, the Compendium didn't have the ones for Lucca or Marle either.
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Trigger_OAV_Manga.html

As politely as possible, the information is interesting but I don't really consider it meaningful to the overall story of the game. It seems to be incredibly obscure information that is only ever mentioned in this one source, and never corroborated anywhere else, much less in the text of the game itself or by the creative team that worked on it. So I don't plan on allowing it to affect my interpretations or my art. I'd prefer if we could drop this debate entirely because I'm not really interested in comparing evidence from the game itself against a third party source. I just want to share my art and my ideas! Hope you understand!

In any case, if you do consider this information canon, (which I don't, personally), then just view my art like an alternate universe where he's younger. :wink:

This art. I like it. ANOTHER!

Memes aside, totally keep this up please. You have skills, and it's becoming my favorite pairing...

Thank you! It's good, an old favorite of mine. If you like it then you'll be happy to know that I don't plan on stopping anytime soon!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:00:32 am by cymorg »

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 11:03:29 pm »
I guess I'm weird because I always saw the characters younger than what they were.

I had always assumed Crono, Marle, and Lucca were all 15, no older or younger. They didn't seem like fully grown  adults, but they weren't young kids either.

I also thought that Frog was in his early 30s at oldest. He was clearly barely an adult when he set out on his journey, and his special sprite was that of an adult, but not a middle-aged man.

This really changes my understanding of the story.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 12:12:42 am »
I just want to echo that is some excellent art.

And the z-brush bust is impressive too, I never would have guessed you're new to 3d modeling.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2020, 01:17:55 pm »
Agreed... wouldn't mind seeing more of either.

cymorg

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I draw Frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 11:11:12 pm »
Hiii! Back with more art. Trying to push myself to do more finished pieces.

Really love the idea of Lucca raising Kid. In my Cross rewrite, Glenn 2.0 is also there. For reasons.

more self-indulgent romance shit, did a process gif if anyone is interested in seeing that

and here's one I'm working on now, I tend to bounce around between projects and I'm usually juggling 2-3 at any given moment.

Another wip, more romantic shit but this time Frog is... a frog! Actually this is my favorite drawing of Frog I've done to date, he's kind of challenging to draw but I feel like I finally got him here.

Been busy with school so I haven't had a ton of time for personal projects but I hope you guys enjoy these! They were a lot of fun to make and I want to continue pushing myself, and Chrono is a great source of inspiration.

I just want to echo that is some excellent art.

And the z-brush bust is impressive too, I never would have guessed you're new to 3d modeling.

Thank you so much! I want to keep getting better at both 3d and 2d art, and the Chrono characters are excellent test subjects.

Agreed... wouldn't mind seeing more of either.

Seems like you're in luck, then!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 11:52:52 am »
Excellent as always, cymorg!

I love the one with young Kid, Lucca and Glenn Jr. :)

I am always wishing for more Trigger x Cross art, so this is great.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2020, 01:01:46 pm »
Yay, story time! A bit amused that little Kid is covered in bandages but little CC Glenn isn't.

Frog fishing a flower out of the pond is just plain cute.

I'd never wondered about the mechanics of the slurp, but... thanks for explaining it in art?  :lol:

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2020, 02:17:07 pm »
I thought Lucca was holding young Glenn's hand in that first image and my heart almost broke of cuteness. :o

I really love the scenery in these, especially the last with Lucca and Glenn by a pond. They're almost picture book-esque. The lightning is really great.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2020, 12:56:47 pm »
Yeah, these are great. Getting these on. This site update is taking days to get through, ugh. But I'm glad there's so much great new stuff to add, like this. Makes me pine for the Glenn hack idea.

cymorg

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I draw Frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2020, 01:48:03 pm »
Yeah, these are great. Getting these on. This site update is taking days to get through, ugh. But I'm glad there's so much great new stuff to add, like this. Makes me pine for the Glenn hack idea.

Thank you!! Also, Glenn hack idea? I'm really curious about that, especially since I've always wanted some kind of spin-off story that revolves around him - bonus points if that side-story lets you play as human Glenn. Always been a pipe dream of mine!

I thought Lucca was holding young Glenn's hand in that first image and my heart almost broke of cuteness. :o

I really love the scenery in these, especially the last with Lucca and Glenn by a pond. They're almost picture book-esque. The lightning is really great.

She really should've been, but I wasn't thinking about it at the time. Ah well, I'll just have to make it happen in some other piece. Still, your kind words about it mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for being so consistently supportive, Kodokami!!

cymorg

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I draw Frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2020, 02:19:13 pm »

Well, since I'm here, I see it's been a while since I posted any art, so I should fix that. I've been doing a lot of freelance work lately so most of my artistic energy has gone towards that rather than Chrono, but I still try my best to find time for it where I can. This posts' offerings might be a little sketchy compared to my other, more refined pieces.

Started sketching in a new style, did a Marle. And also an Ayla on a dinosaur mount, because I think that riding them would be really cool in a remake or something. (See, I can draw characters other than Lucca+Glenn! :wink:)

Just kidding, we're back to Lucca. This one's for a Cross Rewrite/AU where Dalton makes her his guru, seeing as she's the only person with approximate knowledge to them in the modern era. You can probably guess how much she enjoys that.

A sketch with some color. No idea if horses exist in the Chrono canon but if they did, I imagine Lucca could probably not ride them. Glenn is great with them though.

Sometimes when I don't have time to properly sketch an illustration idea I just go into ms paint and doodle it. Not my best but people seemed to like it more than I expected, so why not. Here's Glenn doing as frogs do.

Most recent sketch of an older Lucca and Glenn. Perhaps my deepest and most self-indulgent desire is for them to have gotten married and raised all 10 of those kids from Cross. Assume all of my art takes place in a universe where that happened. My second most deeply self-indulgent desire is that Glenn grows a beard later in life.

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2020, 09:21:53 pm »

Well, since I'm here, I see it's been a while since I posted any art, so I should fix that. I've been doing a lot of freelance work lately so most of my artistic energy has gone towards that rather than Chrono, but I still try my best to find time for it where I can. This posts' offerings might be a little sketchy compared to my other, more refined pieces.

Started sketching in a new style, did a Marle. And also an Ayla on a dinosaur mount, because I think that riding them would be really cool in a remake or something. (See, I can draw characters other than Lucca+Glenn! :wink:)

Just kidding, we're back to Lucca. This one's for a Cross Rewrite/AU where Dalton makes her his guru, seeing as she's the only person with approximate knowledge to them in the modern era. You can probably guess how much she enjoys that.

A sketch with some color. No idea if horses exist in the Chrono canon but if they did, I imagine Lucca could probably not ride them. Glenn is great with them though.

Sometimes when I don't have time to properly sketch an illustration idea I just go into ms paint and doodle it. Not my best but people seemed to like it more than I expected, so why not. Here's Glenn doing as frogs do.

Most recent sketch of an older Lucca and Glenn. Perhaps my deepest and most self-indulgent desire is for them to have gotten married and raised all 10 of those kids from Cross. Assume all of my art takes place in a universe where that happened. My second most deeply self-indulgent desire is that Glenn grows a beard later in life.

WHOA!

Did you have any social networks? If you have Twitter i would totally RT those arts on my fanclub!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2020, 03:18:49 am »
Dalton coming back and instituting some kind of his own faux-Zeal command structure, hidden from the normal Porre government, is an incredible idea. Right down to the Zeal fashion. Man, the cat would be out of the bag, then. Waaay too tantalizing.