Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI! Featuring... Schala!?  (Read 5384 times)

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
Dragon Quest XI! Featuring... Schala!?
« on: March 11, 2020, 11:55:07 pm »
Ok, so AcaciaSgt pointed this out to me on the Discord, and I have to say, I am highly amused, but I also have some serious questions.

Mia is a character from Dragon Quest XI, with strong personal connections to one of the player characters. I could go on about how she is coincidentally some sort of tragic sister character yada yada yada its not important and nobody needs the spoilers.

What does matter is her very curious appearance.

Everyone has questions about Chrono Cross, its ending, and its definition of "Daughter-Clone", and it looks a bit as if even Akira Toriyama is asking questions :P It's not just the hair color, but the fact that she even has the face of one combined with the hairstyle/outfit of the other.

Coincidence or not, I laughed for a good half-an-hour today due to this. Thanks AcaciaSgt :P

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest XI! Featuring... Schala!?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 12:51:16 am »
You're welcome.  :lol:

Truth be told, I only realized this myself barely less than a week ago. Even though I've seen Mia before, it never clicked on me until recently, haha.

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:52:00 am »
I never noticed this when I played DQXI the first time.  The resemblance is uncanny!

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 06:00:26 pm »
Can we petition to make Mia the *real* Kid? Please? :D

It definitely would make a lot more sense.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 07:29:26 am »
My reaction exactly when I played Dragon Quest 11. I was like "Holy shit, it's me...."

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 01:36:27 pm »
I... uhhhh... might have come up with a different head-canon about Kid in recent months... 'Daughter-clone not being the most accurate description... >.>... <.<.... >.>...

On topic, Mia definitely threw me for a loop when I first saw her.

Toriyama-san, if this was meant to be a middle finger towards Kato, you have my respect sir.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 10:32:21 pm »
I... uhhhh... might have come up with a different head-canon about Kid in recent months... 'Daughter-clone not being the most accurate description... >.>... <.<.... >.>...

And what does that mean, lol... The way you make it sound is something sordid. But I can't think of anything really all that bad, unless it involves Schala and Lavos mating or something.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 12:32:42 am »

And what does that mean, lol... The way you make it sound is something sordid. But I can't think of anything really all that bad, unless it involves Schala and Lavos mating or something.

Huh. I didn't think I made it sound that creepy. Wierd. I was trying to be more coy than anything.

Anyway, what I was implying was that in my new head-canon, Ghost-Lucca got it wrong. Kid was not a clone. As in she was Schala's actual daughter, and no, the father was NOT Lavos, but the guy standing above her in my avatar pic. I need to redesign him a bit though so he'll have a more obvious resemblance to Kid.

But yeah. *rerails topic*

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 09:48:40 am »
Kid was not a clone. As in she was Schala's actual daughter, and no, the father was NOT Lavos, but the guy standing above her in my avatar pic. I need to redesign him a bit though so he'll have a more obvious resemblance to Kid.

I love me some fan fiction. Who is that guy? What's his story and when did this happen? After she was separated from the Time Devourer or something? I love hearing these kind of stories and have read some of your other fanfic, which is always a fun read.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 12:52:55 pm »
We should probably move this part of the conversation to the fanfiction tab. No point in derailing this topic further.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 08:57:26 pm »
I don't think anyone really cares about derailing conversations. We're not exactly in a state of constant posting, anyway. At least that's my perspective.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 02:19:44 am »
Wow, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAY too close to each other's appearance to merely be a coincidence. ... Right? Goodness I love this though!!!!