Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > Chrono / Gameplay Casual Discussion

I feel like if Toei Animation did a Chrono Trigger anime for Netflix...

(1/4) > >>

Beach Bum:
...it would be a smash hit. There's still plenty of people who know what Chrono Trigger is, and I feel like even casual fans would watch that. Especially coupled with how succesful the Castlevania anime is, and also the wave that the Dragon Ball franchise is currently riding. I feel like even Dragon Ball fans who haven't played Trigger would watch this because it looks like Dragon Ball.

I don't think it'll ever happen, but I think it would be very succesful if it did. A long time has passed, but so what? After Dragon Ball GT, nobody ever thought a new Dragon Ball anime would ever happen, even though fans hoped and hoped for years. It's never too late.

One can dream, I guess.

Acacia Sgt:
It's possible, I guess.

Netflix recently got the Dragon Quest movie. Perhaps it can serve as a good way to judge. Although, the movie did opted to stray from the Toriyama art-style, supposedly to "draw a wider crowd". Would a CT work do the same?

Beach Bum:
That Dragon Quest movie got criticized precisely because it strayed from the well-known art style of the franchise. I feel like that movie is more of an example of what not to do with something like this.

Lavos, a one-eyed tick:
If they don't screw up character designs like the anime cutscenes (Lavos, human Glenn, and Azala come to mind), I'd be fine with that

Sheiken:
I think the story of Chrono Trigger would adapt very well to an anime series.  You would not even need filler nor a need to skip any content.

Now a series based on Chrono Cross however...that one would be a lot harder to pull off.  It is one of my favorite games of all time, but the way it is structured would not make for an easy conversation.  For example, the search for the Dragons would have a lot of jumping around and would lack the flow of, well pretty much everything a CT series would offer.  Realistically you would also need a whole episode to properly cover the S.S. Zelbess sequence when finding the Sage, which would FEEL like filler in a TV show.

I love both games equally, but CT is definitely the better choice for any kind of adaptation to a TV series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version