Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Update #3  (Read 1980 times)

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Not much to see here, just a fan of CT.
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Update #3
« on: January 31, 2020, 09:07:46 pm »
Hey, all! I'm here with some bonus news about CT - Master Quest! Shall we get started?

Well, to start it off, development of the extra content included in this hack is basically 100% complete! The only things that need to be added are the enemy stat changes in the regular version of the hack and also to properly link up the Erpon Village exits with their places on the world map. I won't be doing Compendium-wide beta-testing, as I don't want the hack leaking out too early! (By the way, expect the March 7th release date, everyone. Who knows? It might come out earlier than expected!)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:24:21 am by MS04 »

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Update #3
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 03:04:36 am »
Did you make any changes to the 1000 AD map? It looks like it's copying some water tiles along with the forest tiles.

If you open the map and uncheck Layer 1 from the Map menu, you'll see Fiona's forest off in the ocean.

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 07:23:43 am »
I was able to fix the error. The problem was that I wanted include a little bit of a reference to Chrono Cross with some rocks in the sea, a reference to El Nido back when it wasn't an island, but it turns out that some of the rocks covered up parts of the Fiona's Forest part of the map hidden away. After removing a few of the rocks, I think I've fixed it!

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:37:00 am »
That area is a little tricky. If you stay out of the copied portion, you should be safe.

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 07:58:46 am »
Yeah, I decided to copy over an unedited version of the 1000 AD map from a fresh CT ROM, and was able to fix it that way.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 04:23:30 pm »
There is an npc in cross that says Porre is to the east, so your rocks should be to the left of the city of Porre to be accurate.

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »
There is an npc in cross that says Porre is to the east, so your rocks should be to the left of the city of Porre to be accurate.

Oh, okay!