Author Topic: So regarding the fan game Chrono Source...  (Read 1694 times)

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
So regarding the fan game Chrono Source...
« on: January 06, 2020, 12:12:30 am »
So I was on RPGmaker.net and came across a fan game called Chrono Source that is not listed on this site.  Whenever I would try to download it, my AVG antivirus pulls it straight into quarantine as a potential threat.  I looked into it and it seemed like it should be fine, as it did not match any known malware.  So I made an exception, and went to start the game up.  Sure enough it goes right back into quarantine...

Ran a deep scan on my computer, and all appears clean.  But now I am wondering if the game is actually a threat or if it is just a really false positive.  Does anyone have any experience with the game?  Is it worth it to continue to bother?  Is it safe or not?

https://rpgmaker.net/games/9668/

Thank you for anyone that can share any insight on the matter.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: So regarding the fan game Chrono Source...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:26:16 am »
It's clean. I'm not sure why it does that, but I had the same problem.

We're also on good terms with the mod author, who hangs around here fairly regularly (user name is chrono.source).

We're definitely behind on the list of Chrono mods -- we need to spend some time updating the list for sure.

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 11:07:16 am »
Good to know, thanks for the reply.

As far as updating the list goes, you are probably aware but I will throw it out there anyway.  Some of the links for downloading a few of the smaller projects are dead.  Not sure if the content got taken down or what, but they don't work.  It is only a small amount of them, but figured I would point ot out.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 04:06:37 pm »
If you find a replacement for any of the links, drop it in the encyclopedia needs editing topic. I'll look over the relevant pages in depth later.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 12:47:21 pm »
At me? No problerm... but now days I not sure :( ...