Author Topic: Timeline (another possible timeline?)??  (Read 3951 times)

JenrasGomes

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Timeline (another possible timeline?)??
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:41:14 am »
First id like to say that the compendium & forum is great, and im happy to find such a wealth of information on my favorite RPG.. as well as many other people who are just as fascinated by the story.

anyway..

as we know, if your level is high enough its possible to defeat Lavos in the ocean palace incident - this gets you the programmers ending.

but tying this into the storyline, lets say Crono & Co really do this - that means that Lavos wouldnt get the chance to destroy Zeal, and Zeal would continue to exist!

i wonder what that timeline would be like...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:22:26 pm by Kodokami »

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline (another possible timeline?)??
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 03:57:19 pm »
I imagine it would be a lot like Chronopolise, but with more magic to go with the Tech.  It would also mean that technology would advance much faster as it would have never been reset, and Schala would have likely assumed the role of Queen for the remainer of her time.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 04:54:24 pm »
Things would actually have to take a step back at first. No Lavos means they can't use its energy anymore. For Zeal, that means going back to using the planet's energy. So there is going to be something of a reversal for a time... or even a permanent setback, depending if Lavos allowed them to do thing they couldn't with the natural energy of the planet.

So, better hope they can find something to replace the Sun Stone once its energy runs out, since it would be 65M years before it can be used again...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 04:55:39 pm by Acacia Sgt »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 04:58:54 pm »
This is a rip-off thread. TC (JenrasGomes) has previously spammed.

Original:
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=7488

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 09:27:27 am »
The user is banned, although seeing that this sparked some conversation, I kept the thread. :)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 01:01:17 pm »
I'd say, it's a little fascinating comparing my thoughts on the matter of ten-almost-eleven years ago compared to now.

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 12:52:45 pm »
It's entirely possible the ripple effects would be minimal, even negligent by 600AD.

If Zeal had become so dependent on Lavos's power, and it was only by tapping into Lavos's power that enabled their ascension, once Lavos was defeated, what would become of Zeal? A great fall, no pun intended, I'd think. Maybe not in quite such dramatic fashion, but then again, almost.