Author Topic: How many active hackers do we have here?  (Read 7719 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: How many active hackers do we have here?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 11:11:46 pm »
lol... someone gave me the corrupted rom but I was able to make an IPS patch a while back

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 10:08:58 am »
I'm not exactly an active hacker for Chrono Trigger anymore. I've been thinking about going back to it to try a few things but I'm not sure what at this point. Nothing too intense or too large of an undertaking. Just not sure what would benefit this game at this point.

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Not much to see here, just a fan of CT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 11:24:16 am »
I guess I could consider myself an active hacker, but I've currently only done one piece of work, the upcoming Master Quest hack. I want to experiment a little more after that, but I doubt I'll release anything good that's original.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 02:43:46 pm »
I doubt

That's step 1 in the "How to not release anything good and original" guidebook!

I want to experiment

That's all you need!

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Not much to see here, just a fan of CT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 08:08:00 pm »
I doubt

That's step 1 in the "How to not release anything good and original" guidebook!

I want to experiment

That's all you need!

Thanks for the confidence boost, Trig! (Or at least, I'm guessing that was what it was.)

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 10:15:09 pm »
 :)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 09:29:10 am »
I drop in now and then (been busy at work) hopefully soon, I'll get the CT+ tutorial put on YouTube(donate so I can quit my day-job, lol)

~Z

Daedalus007

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Laputan Machine standing by
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 02:11:02 am »
Hello everyone!

I am 'Laputan Machine' aka Daedalus#6878 (on Discord) aka a lot of other names.  Romhacking net admin is not very friendly so I had to use a few different names on occasion but past is past.

The good news is that I still use the same protonmail e-mail address (and used it to register here) so the forum admin can double check that if they desire.

I'm the creator/author of the 3 fixes you all posted here (thanks for attribution btw much appreciated!).  I'm honored and humbled that Chronosplit was willing to include my Racing Fixes bugfix in their compilation bugfix/improvement patch and that's awesome!

I mainly wanted to post the following bit.
I did a combination of several patches:
-Level Zero
-Six Letter Names
-Reptite Reshuffle
-Johnny Jackpot (and presumably also affecting Racing Fixes)

I didn't remember which combination I did in which order, but it caused the game to freeze at the part where the party challenges Azala and the giant Tyrano for the first time in prehistory (the boss fight ends with the Lavos Red Star falling and the party flying away on Dactyls before it lands and destroys the area where they were).

So basically, I had been meaning to get back into Chrono Trigger, but if anyone wants to test out these bits and get in touch with me to see what works and what doesn't, let me know!  Please DO NOT use Zsnes but instead use either higan and/or SNES9X for testing (or real hardware if you have the capabilty of doing so).

I'd post my Discord link here but don't want to get mod-smacked so PM me if you're interested, or join Discord and send me a friend request.  Make sure when responding you mention you're from the Compendium.

Also Chronosplit if you happen to read this tyvm for honoring me with the inclusion in your compilation!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:12:26 am by Daedalus007 »

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 01:54:40 pm »
If I remember right, Level Zero is mostly a difficulty hack, so it shouldn't collide with the others. Six letter names doesn't need any free space, so it should only be an issue with things that already alter text display.

I'm assuming Reptite Reshuffle and Johnny Jackpot both required free space, and since they were developed independently, Temporal Flux used the same free space for both. Instead of applying both patches, you'd have to apply one, then apply the other to a different ROM, and export the changes through the export system.

Daedalus007

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 10:56:48 pm »
If I remember right, Level Zero is mostly a difficulty hack, so it shouldn't collide with the others. Six letter names doesn't need any free space, so it should only be an issue with things that already alter text display.

I'm assuming Reptite Reshuffle and Johnny Jackpot both required free space, and since they were developed independently, Temporal Flux used the same free space for both. Instead of applying both patches, you'd have to apply one, then apply the other to a different ROM, and export the changes through the export system.

Pardon the necro, but this is relevant specifically to the rom mods/hacks I worked on.
I'm the creator of both Reptite Reshuffle (RR) and Johnny Jackpot (JJ).  RR and JJ are fully compatible with one another.  RR only modifies one specific map (the Reptite Lair in Prehistory/Antiquity) while JJ only modifies one specific dialog in the Future during the racing minigame.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 03:00:53 pm »
Yeah, I double checked, and you're right. They both needed free space, but RR took space at 0x1B7FF5, and JJ took space at  0x0BF164.