Author Topic: Commissioned animation  (Read 2644 times)

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
Commissioned animation
« on: December 17, 2019, 04:27:18 pm »
Hey all!

Sorry I'm not as active as I once was... I had my 3rd child back in July and with work and kids I find it nearly impossible to keep up with the Compendium.

do however have an inquiry:

My wife loves Howl's moving castle - favourite movie of all time.I have recently gotten her the 2nd installment move - Castle in the air/Castle in the sky, but there is no third installment animated as of yet.

House of many ways the novel is what I'm looking into getting commissioned into an animated motion picture.

Any leads? I remember someone from the Compendium was a professional animator and posted some of their work, for the life of me I can't remember whom.

Anywho, nice to see the Compendium still up and running!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Commissioned animation
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 07:13:13 pm »
Tushantin was the animator. I have no idea if he does commissions, though. It's always worth a shot!

Also -- your wife has great tastes! Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite Ghibli movie (tied with Spirited Away), although I do like the book a bit better than the movie (they just diverge tonally so much in the second half, and the book is so much lighter and more fun - plus it all ties together better with the revelation to the Witch's schemes).

As for Castle in the Sky (aka Laputa) by Studio Ghibli, it's actually entirely separate and not related to Castle in the Air (the book) at all. Similar names, but no relation. The book is more of a semi-sequel in that it takes places in a new, Arabian country (not Ingary, the location in Howl's Moving Castle) and follows entirely new characters, and towards the end do find out that two of the characters were Sophie and Howell transformed.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 10:33:10 am »
Tushantin was the animator. I have no idea if he does commissions, though. It's always worth a shot!

Also -- your wife has great tastes! Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite Ghibli movie (tied with Spirited Away), although I do like the book a bit better than the movie (they just diverge tonally so much in the second half, and the book is so much lighter and more fun - plus it all ties together better with the revelation to the Witch's schemes).

As for Castle in the Sky (aka Laputa) by Studio Ghibli, it's actually entirely separate and not related to Castle in the Air (the book) at all. Similar names, but no relation. The book is more of a semi-sequel in that it takes places in a new, Arabian country (not Ingary, the location in Howl's Moving Castle) and follows entirely new characters, and towards the end do find out that two of the characters were Sophie and Howell transformed.

Well now you've gone and spoiled it :P lol
Yeah I've only seen Howl's and wondered what was up with the witch since there wasn't too much of a back story if I recall correctly.

Tushantin! That's right. I may just reach out and see what he's up to. Thanks

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 01:55:01 am »
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm also a big fan of Howls moving castle!

If you end up getting it animated and need a score, look me up! :)

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 02:46:28 pm »
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm also a big fan of Howls moving castle!

If you end up getting it animated and need a score, look me up! :)

That's awesome! Good to know I've got some support for this project.... even if just an initial idea.