Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Update #1  (Read 4464 times)

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Not much to see here, just a fan of CT.
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Update #1
« on: November 30, 2019, 03:48:19 pm »
Hey all, I'm back with a little more info on CT - Master Quest! I'll be able to actually show some stuff this time around, so let's begin!

I mentioned that "Battle 2" and "Singing Mountain" are now used in-game. Well, where are they played? Battle 2 is used in the Zenan Bridge encounter with Ozzie, as a battle theme for the Mystical Knights (Ozzie, Slash and Flea), the Lavos Spawns and the bosses on the Black Omen with the exception of Queen Zeal and the Mammon Machine. Singing Mountain is used on the Denadoro Mountains, Mt. Woe and Death Peak.

The Ocean Palace escape scene is extended, and it shows Schala interact with the Frozen Flame, as well as Sealed Door playing instead of Manoria Cathedral. The main ending has a few more friends from around time to interact with, like Gaspar and Spekkio. Magus also says a few things in the main ending, as well as Glenn being human even if the former is alive. A few others are slightly changed, but those are surprises!

The Lost Village that was seen in the CT prerelease is included, and is now known as the Erpon Village, a village of friendly Reptites. There's even a shop that has some unused items such as the SeraphSong!

I mentioned palette changes in the announcement post, remember? Well, here's a full list of what's changed:
Magus (Has red cape instead of blue, like he does in promotional artwork, an unintended side-effect is that the Prophet's cloak is also red, as it shares the same palette as Magus)
Heckran (Has black skin and white nails, like he does on the boxart)
Dalton (Has blue uniform, like he does in artwork)
Ozzie (His chest place things are altered)
Flea (His skin color is the same as in artwork and the rest of the cast)

A few inconsistencies and censored text is fixed, like a character in Zeal saying Janus was Schala's step-brother. This is still the Woolsey translation mostly, so no major changes in text.

So, that's wraps it up for now. Without further ado, here's a few screenshots of some changes:

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Update #1
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 12:21:54 am »
This looks and sounds awesome!!!

When this is ready to release, please give me a heads up so I can make a formal announcement here as an official news release. I'll also make sure there's a post stickied (either you or I can post it) on r/chronotrigger on reddit.

Is Erpon Village going to have combat/exploration like in Chrono Trigger DS?

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 05:18:13 am »
Erpon Village won't have combat/exploration like in CT DS, unfortunately. It's mainly just the 3 huts I've already shown.

I'll be sure to give you a heads-up about the release as well!

(I don't know if you can help with this, but I want to do beta testing for this hack as well.)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 10:23:37 pm »
Sure; I'd be more than happy to bug test. Although fair warning -- I play video games slowly due to having family and work commitments, so it won't be a two or three day turnaround. It may and would likely take a few weeks.

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 05:49:24 am »
Alright, I understand you. The latest I want to release the hack is around March 2020 and I want beta-testing to start in late December/early 2020.

P.S. What version of the hack do you want to play when the time comes? The regular version has all the changes, new content and increased difficulty, while the Jr. version keeps all the changes and new content but keeps the enemy stats the same as in regular CT.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 03:11:59 am »
Wwooooo! Looking good so far!!! :D

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 09:25:32 am »
P.S. What version of the hack do you want to play when the time comes? The regular version has all the changes, new content and increased difficulty, while the Jr. version keeps all the changes and new content but keeps the enemy stats the same as in regular CT.

I could probably catch more bugs if you give me the full version. You never know if there's a stat tweak that is wonky, haha!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 08:18:51 pm »
Oh dang! I am super excited for this!!!!