Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Introduction  (Read 3471 times)

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Not much to see here, just a fan of CT.
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Introduction
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:52:26 pm »
Hey all, it's me again!

After deciding to cancel my previous hacking project, CT: The Radical Dream, I've went back to the drawing board for CT hacks and have something familiar yet new, on the way...

Today, I'll be showing off my newest hack that'll almost definitely get released:
Chrono Trigger - Master Quest!

Aside from making each enemy in the game slightly stronger for a more tough experience, there'll be a ton of nu changes that tie in the game with Chrono Cross a little more, as well as some surprises along the way!

A few of these surprises include:

The unused "Battle 2" and "Singing Mountain" songs are used in-game now! Where are they used? Play the hack once it's out to see!  :wink:

Some cutscenes are expanded to tie in more with Chrono Cross or for other things, such as the Ocean Palace escape scene and the main ending.

Speaking of the main ending, Glenn will be always be in his human form, even if Magus is alive! (Let's just say he reverted the spell, okay?)

Some locations like the Lost Village from the CT Prerelease are included in this hack and re-imagined (No Singing Mountain or Zeal Dungeon unfortunately, unless someone knows how to make those maps playable and wouldn't mind helping me out with that).

Some color palettes (mainly Magus's blue cape and Heckran's blue color) will be altered to match their artwork counterparts a little more.

If you don't want to play a harder version of CT but still like these changes, a separate patch will be included named "Master Quest Jr." that keeps the bonus features but keeps the enemy stats the same as in vanilla CT.

That's all for now, folks! Hopefully the hack should be out near the start of 2020, or March 2020 at the latest.

P.S. I am working on another hack during this time, but that's a surprise for later...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:25:02 pm by MS04 »

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger - Master Quest: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 10:25:18 pm »
The expanded scenes sound interesting, what did you do with them?

I've also never heard of this "Lost Village " but I have a fully complete Zeal dungeon,  if your stuff is quality made we can trade some stuff or you could join my project.

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Not much to see here, just a fan of CT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 04:25:23 am »
What's your project, exactly?

As for the expanded scenes, the only one I've done so far is the Ocean Palace escape scene, which hints at what became of Schala during Chrono Cross. I plan to add a few more tie-ins with Cross in the finished version too.

The Lost Village was an area that appeared in the Prerelease version of CT on the Prehistory world map (there also exists some maps of the interiors of the huts in this village).

I'm not necessarily the best at making overworld and location maps however (how the tiles work confuse me).

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 09:24:48 am »
Loving the ideas. Always enjoying seeing work being done to better the experience.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:10:28 pm »
That sounds great. :D i can't wait to see  or hear of the progress!