Author Topic: A single Gate's ability to send multiple people to different times?  (Read 11354 times)

stenir

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: A single Gate's ability to send multiple people to different times?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 06:02:28 pm »
That's what I meant; I probably didn't type it right.

In the Old Timeline:

Janus-1 enters gate.
Janus-1 travels through gate.
Janus-1 exits gate.

In the New Timeline:

Janus-2 enters gate.
Janus-2 travels through gate.
At threshold of exiting gate, Janus-2 is TB'd and Janus-1 exist gate.

If TTI states the last exit from a gate is what is preserved, then Janus-1 would only appear at the exit of the gate, meaning that Janus-2 would be experiencing entering and traveling through the gate. Janus-2 would also see the exit, and reach it...but never exit. Janus-1 takes over that part of the job.

Bad graphical example:

ENTRANCE TO GATE                 MID-GATE                       EXIT--|

I knew Janus-1 would exit, but it just doesn't make sense for Janus-2 to enter the gate, and then be TB'd at that moment, with Janus-1 traveling. Janus-1 shouldn't appear until the actual exit from the gate. Which is why I questioned how the statement arose that the gate was sending them to the DBT. I took it to be the gate was activated to preserve TB, and therefore was to serve the same purpose. The actual "exit" from the gate is what TB's them, not the gate itself.

The only way I can explain this decently is imagine one of those oval shaped mirrors on a frame off the ground; those ones that aren't on a wall, kinda in the open. Imagine that only the frame is there, no glass, and it's straight up and down. Janus-2 walks up to it, and goes to step through. As he passes through the frame which would hold the glass for the mirror, he is replaced with Janus-1. He does not get replaced as he is walking to the mirror, only when he goes "through" the frame.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 06:33:59 pm »
Well, I always thought that a TB would only experience entering, but not being able to see the exit as they would go to the DBT. Either way the result is the same.

papercut

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2019, 12:20:10 pm »
Didn't read all the replies buuut, my initial impression is, not only the scale of this event but of it's uniqueness.

I assume this is the first example of time anomaly for the planet so it is a very volatile one.  The space/time fabric within in is very jagged or "malleable" in terms of properties, so once in the single gate, Janus and Melchior were manipulated differently by the internal existing phenomena.

Second, and the response I think most on this site can agree with more, is picture a Ven diagram but with the 3 circles overlapping completely and compound it with the idea of dark matter.  Maybe it is more than one gate but we are only seeing one gate, but it is also comprised of dark matter which contains undefined energy, so, not necessarily any single particular gate energy.  That would support my first suggestion in a way.