Author Topic: When You Hear "Chrono Trigger" What Comes to Your Mind First?  (Read 3848 times)

kimminpuples

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
When You Hear "Chrono Trigger" What Comes to Your Mind First?
« on: October 24, 2019, 12:35:54 pm »
When somebody brings up Chrono Trigger or you think of it, what specific thing comes to your mind?

For me personally, it's gotta be To Far Away Times playing as the Epoch flies through the time periods, that was legitimately one of the first times a game has made me cry tears of pure joy, seeing all these characters I love finally get a happy ending (except for magus of course) while this beautiful credits theme plays, it's a moment that will always reinforce just how amazing Chrono Trigger really is.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:14:22 pm by Kodokami »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: When You Hear "Chrono Trigger" What Comes to Your Mind First?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 01:28:15 pm »
First off, welcome to the Compendium. Or rather, welcome tot he party!

This is a tough question for me. I think I don't think of a specific scene or event from the game, but rather that feeling of simpler times. It takes me back to my own yesteryear, of being a carefree child with nothing but summer days and time for digital adventures.

I have so many stories surrounding Chrono Trigger and my own childhood. It's quite nostalgic and close to my heart.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 04:10:29 pm »
Spiky red hair, and determination to control the future.
I also get a real feeling that we are participating in a universal cross-era life that affects everyone in some way--sometimes ways none of us might foresee.

And feeding a cat over and over again and getting the same adorable gratitude each time.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 08:36:44 pm »
Weirdly, I get called back to 600AD, or Guardia forest in either 600AD or 1000AD. I can't describe that feeling I get walking into it and hearing that music. A forgotten but warm place locked away but ready to return like an old, dependable friend. That just happens to be full of hungry monsters  :lol:

The second memory, even more weirdly, involves the three times I had to go through the Black Omen. Navigating semi-familiar halls in the aftermath of the Ocean Palace disaster, being reminded that Schala was lost forever  :cry: (well, that we knew of...at the time). But as much as I despise that dungeon, it was great EXP. And that BGM kicks such ass. Definitely one of my favorites, along with To Far Away Times, Magus' theme and Corridors of Time/Time Circuits. Frog's theme and Determination come pretty close too.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 01:54:10 am »
For me it's hard to say what could come up first. It would depend on what's on my mind as well, more or less, as it would basically influence what would be the first thing to come up.

jacen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 09:59:49 pm »
hello! i love the site and are looking forword to being a member. what do i think of?..... that intro movie, the real one....takes me back to when i first played the game on the snes. seeing all the places i havnt been to yet,wondering what secrets the game held, how do i get there?whos that?also..... the first time i made it to the other side of zenan bridge and explored.MAN that was great! 8)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 11:43:56 pm »
Jacen, welcome tot he party! We have an introductions thread somewhere around here, so feel free to create your own to formally introduce yourself!

We tend to go through periods of lots of activity and then things die back down. But if you want a solid community with little-to-no-drama, a devout love all things Chrono, and an old school forum, we're definitely the place to be!

jacen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 11:46:50 pm »
thanks boo. ill check out the thread.glade to be here:)

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 10:48:03 pm »
When I think of Chrono Trigger, I also think of Chrono Cross.  I think of ancient times that predate history, and ponder what the distant future holds.  I then question the meaning of life and begin to wonder what is actually real in this world, and if anything we do actually matters.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 07:04:51 pm »
That sound you hear when its sealed by a mysterious force. every time. or i hear the clock at the beginning of the game, and then cue the cathedral. Man this game is SO great i wanna play it right now!

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 05:17:42 pm »
Well... great or... legend?

Ah hmm... telfh... anyway... just that said at up... Great or legend...

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 01:36:12 am »
600 AD is my favorite time period so I tend to think of that first. Also, I LOVE “Yearnings of the Wind.” I could listen to that song all day. I remember renting Trigger as a kid and when I’d have to return it, that song would be stuck in my head for days!

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 01:27:19 am »
When I think of Chrono Trigger I think of awesome sprites, Dual/Triple Techs, and multiple endings with New Game +.

For me, I think of the gameplay and presentation more than the story.

Lavos, a one-eyed tick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Yep, that's me. The big one-eyed space tick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 08:09:25 am »
Zeal.
All of Zeal.
The musics tracks, the cities, the characters, everything.
Zeal is what defines Chrono Trigger for me.