Author Topic: Help with overworld tiles?  (Read 1913 times)

MS04

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Not much to see here, just a fan of CT.
    • View Profile
Help with overworld tiles?
« on: October 13, 2019, 07:30:49 am »
I am attempting to create new areas on the overworlds, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make exits so they can enter the new areas and solid tiles so players can't walk straight through the new areas on the overworld.

I am sorry if this sounds confusing and doesn't make any sense, I've tried to explain it to the best extent that I can.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Help with overworld tiles?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 09:40:46 am »
For tile solidity on the overworld it's best to block paths with stuff that's already solid, at the top of your screen click maps the tile solidity ro ser which tiles can be walked on and which ones cant then copy and paste them.

As for exits it's on the left side, click on it then at the top it says number of exits, add as many as you want move them around and set the location, all new exits are set to availability false by default you'll want it to be set to true.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 10:40:22 pm »
What IHBP said ....it sounds confusing at first, but it's actually pretty simple.

You click on the exit and position it (by coords...sort of like with Locations), and there is a slight offset of we're how far up the solidity tile you have to go'...however,  it's best if you actually copy and paste a tile of a similar exit type rather than try to create a new "tile" fro'm scratch.

If that still doesn't make sense I will post this in my first video of the tutorial series are temporal flux I promise I will have it out within a week.

-Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 12:39:51 am »
Just getting situated at my apartment, working on this tonight.

~Z