Author Topic: Prerelease sprites  (Read 3167 times)

Tonberry2000

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Prerelease sprites
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:04:35 am »
Hey, everyone!

I sent a version of this to the site email about a week ago, but I haven't heard anything, so I thought I might follow up here.
I am on the staff over at the Spriters Resource (my handle is Tonberry2k, if you couldn't tell from this account name. :P)  We like to think of ourselves as a museum that curates sprites and pixel art from and in tribute to video games. We even host some graphics from the Crimson Echoes game donated by the artists who worked on that project!

I've been a fan of the Chrono Compendium for years. Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 are my favorite games of all time, so when I was younger I would, of course, look for any site that had additional info on them. I'm amazed at how much you've managed to gather.

The reason I decided to contact you today was in regards to some of your alpha sprite rips. Would you consider letting us put the sheets up over on our site for archival purposes with the proper credit to your site? I think it would be great for both of our sites and user bases, as I think we all have the same goal in preserving this information. Likewise, if you see anything on TSR that you'd like to show off on your site, feel free to use it! I didn't see the prerelease version of Slash on your site, for instance.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/chronotrigger/ 

Thanks for your time
-Tonberry2k

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Prerelease sprites
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 01:27:29 pm »
Sorry that we never got back to you -- I'm one of the mods here and I don't think any of the active mods regularly check email (if they even have access).

That being said, feel free! Thank you for asking and for giving us credit.

Tonberry2000

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Prerelease sprites
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 02:08:29 pm »
Wow, that was super fast and easy. Thank you so much! Keep an eye on the site in the next few days to see them!

I keep hoping we get another ROM leak of a prototype. I want to see those scythe-armed Zombor enemies from the trading card fully ripped.