Author Topic: Chrono Trigger plus 2.0  (Read 22974 times)

mcbanhas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger plus 2.0
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 09:14:40 pm »
Gato can still be beaten before going to 600ad but given that he's a battle robot and gives the second most silver points he should not be beaten by a level 1 character mashing attack.

The point here is that Gato is very likely the first battle most players engage into. I understand what you're doing here concerning the Silver points, especially taking into accounted you lowered the amount required for Norstein Bekker's games. However, the main purpose of Gato is to serve as an introductory battle. It should be easy to win.

Some more feedback.:

*Typos and purpose of Marle's sequence*

I'm conlicted about the new sequence following Marle first entering the time gate. And the reasons are many:
1 - It adds no new relevant information - the sequence brings nothing new or of particular relevance to the plot, it only reveals some information sooner. If this is restored content, then this is a sequence that I would've understand being cut.
2 - It spoils the plot - This sequence effectively reveals the player that Marle was found by knights assuming her to be Leene. This ruins the surprise of eventually meeting her at Guardia Castle, and renders all the Dialogue at the pub and residences hinting for that to become relatively moot.
3 - It is not properly scripted - The sequence begins with Marle already standing and she can be controlled for a short while before the guards find her. I think that the short bit that Marle is controlled for is not justified for not simply having a cutscene that could do the same job better,

I personally do not think this sequence is of any use and it is in fact detrimental to storytelling. However, if you really want to keep it, I would suggest a more natural transition that does not spoil the player where and why Marle was taken:

*After the screen fades out from 1000 AD, the music stops. The screen fades back in. Marle is lying unconscious on the ground in the clearing where the gate has spawned in 600 AD. Two knights stand next to her*
Knight 1: How did you find her?
Knight 2: She was just lying here on the grass, Sir. No sign of kidnappers or anyone else.
Knight 1: Are you sure it's her? Where is the pendant?
Knight 2: I could not find it. Maybe she has lost it in the forest.
*Knight 1 briefly steps away from the body*
Knight 1: Hmm, alright, let's take her back, she does not seem to be hurt.
*The screen fades out and in back to 1000 AD*.

Last but not least, In case you want to keep it as is, there's a couple of typos in this dialogue. Please find the attached pic.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 08:23:39 pm »
I like Gato as I have him. As for the princess scene I'm trying to flesh out a game that ends way too soon, but your writing isn't bad, when I get back into working on this I'll try it out and see how it feels.

In the meantime though I like your ideas, so hit me with what you got, some will undoubtedly make it in.

mcbanhas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 08:50:36 pm »
On a word of praise, I really like the new short sequence with Lucca barging in the castle after Marle vanishes due to a time paradox. The way she corrects herself to avoid suspicion and the way the guards react is also pretty humorous and well written. Congratulations on this one. It fixes the original inconsistency with having Lucca already inside the castle by the time Crono goes downstairs, and it actually adds something of substance.

As for the princess scene I'm trying to flesh out a game that ends way too soon, but your writing isn't bad, when I get back into working on this I'll try it out and see how it feels.

I think it's more about finding the places where it should be fleshed out. In this particular case the whole sequence is kind of pointless. I find it much more satisfying for the player to be transported to a place without having no idea where he is nor were Marle is. It incentivizes you to first go to the inn and ask where you are, and slowly piece out what is happening. If you know beforehand who took Marle and why, there isn't much of point in not simply traveling straight to the castle.

Finally I would like to recommend you to keep a more detailed change log with all the scene additions and other detailed modifications. This would be a very important aid for testing purposes!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:00:32 pm by mcbanhas »

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 09:05:17 am »
Thanks but it was actually Joseph(ine) Lithius that made the whole Lucca scene, this project has absorbed a few smaller projects.

As for the Marle scene I'd like to keep it but I agree that it should be more vague, I'm gonna try rewriting it.

There are a few other scene changes, some just have the whole party involved,  the scene with Crono's mom and the clone has a few more lines and on NG+ Magus has a brief scene before the party wakes up in Aylas tent.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 02:29:49 pm »
I can't get the patch to work. I've tried using the Lunar IPS and still it says corrupt. New CT file and everything. Nothing works. :(

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 06:08:45 pm »
I can't get the patch to work. I've tried using the Lunar IPS and still it says corrupt. New CT file and everything. Nothing works. :(

A few nasty bugs have been found so a new release is coming in a few days,  once it's out I'll hook you up.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 12:05:47 pm »

A few nasty bugs have been found so a new release is coming in a few days,  once it's out I'll hook you up.
Awesome! Not the bugs of course, heh.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 11:39:41 pm »
Version 2.3 is up, it fixes many many bugs, as well as fixing the Nes difficulty patch to work as intended.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2021, 12:22:04 pm »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 06:16:38 pm »
It  depends on your preference - if you want the new reptite sprites, different color magus cape, harder difficulty and auto run you can use all the IPS's on the same ROM.

Or say if you wanted Magus's cape and auto run but not the rest you'd install the 2.5 beta, the cape, and auto run but not nes difficulty and reptites.

If you want just the hack, but no graphic or difficulty changes or speed changes, you'd just attach the 2.5 beta. :)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 06:42:26 am »
If you're talking "CT+ ETERNAL END Dec 12.21.12 edition" I have NO idea what you're talking about!

Is there a 'third' or 'fourth'?
~Z

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 07:47:35 pm »
If you're talking "CT+ ETERNAL END Dec 12.21.12 edition" I have NO idea what you're talking about!

Is there a 'third' or 'fourth'?
~Z

:shock: :shock: :shock: 8)

I still have CT+ ETERNAL END Dec 12.21.12 edition! along with maybe a version or two betas after that But now I am verrrrry curious what you've been up to since I last saw you circa 2018 over on verve fanworks, Zakyrus :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:49:43 pm by TheMage »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2022, 02:22:34 am »
Well, I own my own place now...so I have escaped AT LAST from the House of A MILLION OBJECTS.!!!! LMAO--MWA HAAAAA HAAAA FUCKING HAAA!!!!!!

Anyways, I'll try to get further on this,....I almost have the YouTube series done...'
I've learned the hard way, that to never release any video series unless you have atleast '2 seasons done'

Almost there...no release date set yet.

Nonetheless...no BS. ALMOST THERE.

~Z
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 02:23:44 am by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2022, 11:01:59 pm »
Omg!

Is this version of it going to have the:

Epic lavos God cutscene Jesus Batman Christ the movie 2.0 meteor!! 11!!11!!
Cut seeing that I described in the tutorials?!

... Because in tutorial number 5 that is a homework assignment LOL.
~Z