Author Topic: Chrono Trigger plus 2.0  (Read 22873 times)

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger plus 2.0
« on: August 19, 2019, 11:17:40 pm »
Finally available with all the cool stuff from my YouTube videos.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3691/

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger plus 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 08:15:07 am »
Oh wow! NIIIICE!

Do you want to write a little blurb up about it, including some quick bullet points on new features? I'd love to put this on the front page of the Compendium and make sure it gets posted and stickied over at r/chronotrigger on Reddit.

This should be celebrated!

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 01:02:59 pm »
Thaks that would be really swell what would also be really cool is if someone could piece together a trailer showing off their favorite parts.

Here's a few highlights though

All 1999 is explorable, and the small part that was previously available is improved as well.

You can now acquire the ability to go to 1999 via Epoch, however only from the End of Time and only to a set location. Later versions will allow it on the world map but I'll need time to readjust the tile properties.

Tons of bugs have been fixed including all known ones related to Magus on the Blackbird.

Added a few flavor scenes.

End of Time is expanded.

Crossing Lab 32 on foot is now longer and has some story.

New area in 2300ad where Porre used to be.

A few scenes now feature the entire recruited party rather than just the three current members.

Possibility of acquiring the Speed shoes that allow 50% faster running

Can now buy a drone that will join you in battle as a sort of AI party member.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 01:05:06 pm by IHBP »

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 11:18:00 pm »
I definitely want to play this!! Probably once I’m all moved into my new apartment. I can’t wait!! This sounds amazing!

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 02:21:15 pm »
Thanks for the publicity.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 08:09:40 pm »
Sure thing. It's trending pretty well on r/jrpg on reddit.

Someone asked if they can stream it. Do you mind?

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:56 pm »
Saw the post very cool, yup streaming is fine with me.

chrono12

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 06:36:00 pm »
Finally available with all the cool stuff from my YouTube videos.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3691/

Bro! The rom has a bug when I modify some events. she doesn't work but.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 07:04:53 pm »
Why would you modify the events?

chrono12

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 08:24:52 pm »
I was playing with her a little! I liked the play button, which is pressed. After creating a scene in the middle, npc rom doesn't work, but? The rom gets the black screen.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 04:42:54 pm »
For those that haven't been following on rhdn version 2.1 is up it fixes some bugs, makes a few places available earlier and allows fair prizes to carry over.

mcbanhas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 06:59:34 pm »
Hello, I've started playing this hack and I would like to share some initial impressions:

* Ferry to Choras - As of the moment it's a bit odd that on making the way back to Porre you're simply teleported back. Will improvements be possible in the future? If so, I would suggest adding a secondary dock to Porre so two ferries can be stationed there at the same time.
* Running patch - As p/ the previous version, I would still prefer if this one was opt-out, instead of in. This messes with the default control scheme that is present in CT and other RPGs (Golden Sun comes to mind), and so I would rather having run set up as B+directionals.
* Save Zeal by beating Lavos in the Ocean Palace - I haven't gotten to this yet, but curious if this wouldn't imply a time paradox, since the fall of Zeal is essential for the future human societies to flourish

And a couple of tiny suggestions
* Radio stations - in 1000 AD most houses are shown having a radio device. I think it would be nice if these objects could be interacted with, producing some text "You are now listening to radio X" and changing the background music like the piano player or the doll in Crono's room. Perhaps some hints could even be put on radio monologue lines.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 07:43:52 pm »
Ferry to Choras is extremely complicated,  overworld events are very picky and are more likely to cause huge bugs rather than what you want.

I have the means to fix the autorun back to normal and probably will when I get the chance to work on this again.

Saving Zeal would cause a huge paradox, Balthasar himself says so in the ending, hence the reason the party stays there.

Right now the radio in the suite in 1999 will play several different rarely used tracks.

mcbanhas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 12:27:20 pm »
Ferry to Choras is extremely complicated,  overworld events are very picky and are more likely to cause huge bugs rather than what you want.

Understood. I was just wondering if there would be any improvements in the future, or if this feature was already as good as it can be.

I have the means to fix the autorun back to normal and probably will when I get the chance to work on this again.

Cool thanks!

Right now the radio in the suite in 1999 will play several different rarely used tracks.

Nice, I'll check it out once I get there. My suggestion was due to this being a minor feature that I greatly enjoyed in Pokemon games, and the general amount of readables and objects you could interact with in the environment. Compared to that CT always felt a bit dry.

From this post onwards, I will be providing feedback on some of the irks I run into during gameplay, for the sake of feedback and discussion.

*Gato damage*

I will start with a big discrepancy I found when fighting Gato in the fair. I just noticed that in CT+ he seems to be dealing very high damage!

On regular CT right after starting the game Gato damages Crono on the average of 15 HP. On CT+ that damage has been upped to +50 HP (!!!), meaning Crono simply cannot beat Gato on his own, even though he has slightly improved base stats in CT+. If this is an intentional change, this is something I disagree with. Gato should be an easily beatable enemy, not only for purposes of teaching combat, but also for getting Silver Points faster.

Please refer to attached pic.

*Death animation bug*

I just noticed if one or more of your character get taken down, the death animation will not register properly. Please see the video attached.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:38:29 pm by mcbanhas »

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 01:23:13 pm »
It's not a terrible idea, I love being able to interact with things in games.

Gato can still be beaten before going to 600ad but given that he's a battle robot and gives the second most silver points he should not be beaten by a level 1 character mashing attack.

Is the stupid death animation bug back? Dammit.