Author Topic: Another idea  (Read 7461 times)

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Another idea
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 02:26:35 am »
I'd lean towards no on that one. Attacks pull from more complex data that's visible in Hi-Tech, while idle stance is a single animation on loop. It might be possible to work in that attack as Robo's ranged attack though.

We need a thinking Nu emoji.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 08:21:46 am »
Ya I like that idea, where do I start.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 01:46:41 pm »
Start with Warrior Workshop, and uncheck Melee Attacks Only for Robo. See what his default ranged attack looks like.

It'll probably need changes, but it's a start.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 02:40:28 pm »
Same as his regular attack, the rest a place in high tech where I can edit it, I'll give that a try

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 03:51:20 pm »
The animation is under Robo -> Ranged Attack. When he uses his ranged attack, he punches without moving.

I've been doing some fiddling, but there's some things I need to figure out first.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2019, 06:46:56 pm »
The animation is under Robo -> Ranged Attack. When he uses his ranged attack, he punches without moving.

I've been doing some fiddling, but there's some things I need to figure out first.

Cool. I didn't know about this.
Also, I'm hoping the tutorial series will bring a greater flow of ROM hackers into the Chrono Trigger editing scene, I'm mentioning *anything* I know about the VARIANTs in the EVENT EDITOR as well as unknowns, and variants in the other plugins. Hopefully, with increased user traffic, people will play around with/and be more encouraged to decipher what those mean (so we can update the editors).

~Z

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 09:26:10 pm »
I noticed that the long range attack triggers if you're more than one hex away, that's way to often for the missile animation, maybe just as the range attack's critical animation would suit better.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »
Critical in general is doable, and it might be possible to change everyone's ranged distance, but there's not a specific ranged critical.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 03:50:29 pm »
How hard would it be to have enemies E7 E8 and E9 (Lavos clones) do nothing but exclusively use Lightning Fire and Ice 2 respectively every turn?

The reason I ask is I want to make a Magus interlude where he fights the three gurus.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 05:23:59 pm »
Starting at 0x0CC538, you'll need three copies of the following.

00 00 00 00 FE 02 9A 05 00 00 00 FE FF 00 00 00 00 FE 00 00 06 00 FE FF

Change the bold to Fire/Ice/Lightning 2 values.

You'll need to change pointers at 0x0C8CD8 and 0x0C8CDA to match the second and third copies. All three should fit, but if it goes beyond 0x0CC59A you'll have a problem.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 09:50:22 pm »
Thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2019, 11:44:51 pm »
So I spent today fixing my own bugs but now have a small understanding how ai is stored. But I am curious what exactly causes enemies that accompany bosses to die when the boss does? I tried adding them to regular battles and they still kept fighting when they were the last ones, except  the left Lavos bit which ended the battle before any enemies were beaten. This is really the only obstacle left to having guest party members.

Also any idea what's up with the Barrier affect? Specifically from armor or accessories. From observations it sometimes works completely sometimes it half works and quite often does nothing, by contrast Shield works 100% of the time.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2019, 12:22:44 am »
For bosses, the main form has a final attack of tech 7F. Sometimes other parts will have a condition to check for the main form. For guests, I'd do this:

05 01 00 00 FF 02 7F 03 00 00 00 FF.

If only the guest is alive, defeat all enemies. And give it the same load enemy/battle flags used on Gato.

Barrier: Can you give more specific examples? It should be 100% dependent on the control and effect header flags for the attack.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2019, 09:05:55 am »
So I played around with this this morning and I was able to make an enemy use the attack I wanted, I made it use the unused attack EC: then I changed the graphics of that attack to the ones I wanted.

So far so good. Unfortunately I couldn't make it attack other enemies despite my new tech meeting the conditions ( Enemy vs Enemy:True, and targeting One Ally 0x00)

The last bit you posted didn't seem to do anything, do I use exclusively that or in addition to what's there? Also do I give that to the other enemies that are with the guest or the guest itself? For now I'm just using enemy E7.

As for Barrier if I had to guess and I'm a terrible guesser I think it has problems with status effect that have the glow effect, even if they come from another piece of equipment.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2019, 12:39:31 pm »
The data I gave previously should be part of it's AI, probably first in both the action and reaction section.

For using a tech command against an enemy, you'll need to change targeting in AI as well.

Enemy AI. Actions are outdated, but the rest is up to date.

02 EC 05 00 00 00 - The bolded is the targeting value. Use one of the enemy values, other than 03.