Author Topic: Cross Symphonic - A 20th Anniversary Symphonic Tribute  (Read 8624 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Cross Symphonic - A 20th Anniversary Symphonic Tribute
« on: May 01, 2019, 09:56:42 am »

The Chrono Compendium is once again proud to support the new launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Cross Symphonic, a beautifully film score-esque interpretation of the islands of El Nido.

Please consider endorsing and helping Kickstart this project. The link is found HERE:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnpaulhayward/cross-symphonic-a-symphonic-tribute-to-chrono-cros?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=cross%20symphonic

EDIT: As of this post, the initial goal has already been met -- in less than 24 hours! Congrats to CptOvaltine, who has put hundreds of hours into this wonderful project.

"Cross Symphonic is the reimagining of Yasunori Mitsuda's iconic soundtrack from Chrono Cross as a licensed 17 track symphonic film score.  The album carries the listener through the events of Chrono Cross, retelling Masato Kato's expansive story of adventure, deception, jealousy, and determination with music crafted to help you experience Chrono Cross in a whole new way.

Inspired in part by the legendary film composer John Williams, Cross Symphonic's sweeping melodic approach serves as a tribute to both Williams and Mitsuda who are both major inspirations to me personally.

While the overall goal of the Kickstarter is to put Cross Symphonic in front of a live orchestra, the initial goal for this campaign is to record live soloists and have them professionally mixed into the mock up tracks. I built the campaign to be modular.  This allows us to replace different virtual pieces of the orchestra with their live counterparts.  I believe this offers us the most flexibility to produce a world class product - even in the event that we can't record with a live orchestra.

I sincerely hope that you'll enjoy the music, and that you'll take this journey with me through Cross Symphonic; to experience Chrono Cross and it's story in a way that no one ever has before. As a symphonic film score."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:18:39 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Symphonic - A 20th Anniversary Symphonic Tribute
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 02:10:24 pm »
There is a now a pre-order store available for those that weren't able to back the campaign.

https://crosssymphonic.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 12:21:10 am »
So I'm wondering if you preorder, does the money come out now or when it's sent/shipped? Also, when is it expected to ship?

I really want to support the project as I wasn't able to contribute to the Kickstarter. Long story short, I just left my husband and moved back to Wisconsin. I know I have to do a post about it yet, but the last couple of months have been so hectic and stressful. Things are finally calming down more now!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 10:06:39 pm »
Hey, sorry to take so long to get back to you, also I'm sorry to hear that life is stressful! I hope that things are looking up! :)

As to your questions; the money comes out once I lock the order unless you pay through paypal - then it comes out instantly.  I usually try to lock them quickly as to not surprise people down the road, but it sometimes takes a week or so.

I'm hoping to have CDs and posters shipped out so that they arrive by the November 17th release date, but there are a few delays popping up that might push the physical rewards back a few weeks.  The digital is still set to launch on the 17th.

If you're interested in the vinyl, that isn't expected to ship until around February 2020.

Hope that helps! :)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 12:34:10 am »
Things are much better now. I’ve been working for 2 weeks now already as I landed a job as soon as I got here and I just put money down on an apartment; I move in the next 3-5 weeks! I can’t wait!

That is incredibly helpful! If I can I may order more than one medium. I have a record player I would love to try out! (I inherited it from my father and I haven’t had the chance to try it out...YET!) Thank you for the information!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 08:14:52 pm »
Things are much better now. I’ve been working for 2 weeks now already as I landed a job as soon as I got here and I just put money down on an apartment; I move in the next 3-5 weeks! I can’t wait!

That is incredibly helpful! If I can I may order more than one medium. I have a record player I would love to try out! (I inherited it from my father and I haven’t had the chance to try it out...YET!) Thank you for the information!

That's awesome!

And yes, it's completely possible to order more then one medium if you like.  I'm working on the vinyl stuff now. I think both the CD and vinyl are going to be something special!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 11:03:02 pm »
Those are the 2 I want to buy. Hopefully after I move I can order them!  :D