Author Topic: I can now FINALLY post this here!  (Read 3864 times)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
I can now FINALLY post this here!
« on: August 01, 2019, 11:40:53 pm »
First of all, I apologize in advance because I know it's gonna be long.

So many of you know it's been up and down with my husband for quite some time. After taking a good hard look at the way life was going and how it would continue to go if I stayed, I made the decision to leave and move back to Wisconsin. It wasn't an easy decision, but I knew things between us would never be the way they should be, if that makes sense. Also, I was very unhappy, felt like I had no control over my own life and I felt like I couldn't be myself, just to name a couple of things. Then a month before I'm planning to leave he totaled the Ford Focus I just bought in April. Luckily, I wasn't in the car and he went back to work a week later. Anyway, a few days after the accident we had a huge fight and he actually tried to kick me out. I have never, EVER had anyone talk to me like that or try and do that to me before. It also turned out that he did me a favor by totaling my Focus. That car was in both of our names so a couple weeks after the car accident I went to the same dealership and explained my situation and I was able to get a 2018 EcoSport all by myself! So now I don't even have to worry about taking him off of a loan.

So I took my kitty Wallis (he figured out the day before I was leaving that I was, in fact, leaving and asked me to leave Winston,) packed up my car and drove from south Florida to Wisconsin. (I never ended up moving the bulk of my things to Florida, it was all in a storage in Wisconsin. That worked out very well for me, and everything is still intact!) I actually really enjoyed the trip but I was also smart. I would only stop at gas stations, never rest areas and I only ate while I was driving. I got to see some things I never would've seen otherwise and it was so freeing. My favorite state to drive through was Tennessee, it's so beautiful there! I'm definitely going to have to take a mini vacation to Nashville sometime!

I arrived in Wisconsin a week ago yesterday. In that week I interviewed and got a job, applied for a better paying job and I have an interview with them in a couple of weeks, got a bank account and started calling apartments. I should be able to look at some next week. My goal is to be in a place by the September 1st. Right now I'm staying at a friend's and I know I can stay as long as I need but I'm ready to have my own home and my own space. I haven't had that since I moved to Florida. So I am very excited about what the future will bring!

My husband is actually being better about everything than I thought he would. He offered to pay for the divorce and wanted to do it civilly, which I agreed. I don't really want anything from him. I have some debt too because of him and he paid off one of the accounts today, which I appreciate. I know he misses me, but I don't miss him at all. This is the happiest I've been in a long time and I know it's just going to get better! It feels good to be back in charge of my own life and to be with my family and friends again.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know wht's been going on. It feels so good to be back here, I missed you guys!

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: I can now FINALLY post this here!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 12:44:20 am »
Glad to hear you're doing better.

Hopefully this is the start of many good things.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 08:48:08 pm »
Hope to hear from you more on this soon, Marle

-Magus-

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 12:00:20 am »
Overall, I’m doing pretty well! I forgot to mention before I left, I had what I thought was a bad cough. I didn’t get better by the weekend so I went to the doctor. Turns out I drove 25 hours with bronchitis!! The doctor doesn’t know how I did that but I was just doing what I had to do!

So this weekend I can finally relax. Only a few things I want to get done. I’m also looking at some apartments on Monday! I’m very excited! Things are definitely looking up and I really think things are going to get so much better for me! I’ll keep you guys posted!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:01:23 am by PrincessNadia78 »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 07:39:01 pm »
I'll bet it was adrenaline. :P

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 12:02:10 am »
It probably was. The actual leaving was so nerve-wracking. I was fine once I was out, but I was also driven to drive as much as I could so it didn't turn out to be a 3-day trip!!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 12:37:44 am »
I apologize for the double post but I had to tell you guys I got approved for an apartment and paid the security deposit today! Now on the 16th I have to pay a pet deposit for my cat ($400!!) but she’s worth it!! My apartment will be ready on either the 1st or the 15th, they are doing a lot of work and replacing a lot of things. I don’t mind, I’ll take about everything being new! So there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, I can’t wait to move!!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 11:09:14 pm »
I just wanted to tell you guys that I’m moving into my apartment this weekend! I moved some stuff today and will be doing the rest of it tomorrow. Then I can start getting situated on Monday before having to go back to work. I’m very excited and I just wanted to share with you guys! I hope everyone is doing well!!

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 01:22:42 pm »
good news! I loooove how it feels when everything has found its place in a new home.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 12:28:20 am »
Thank you! Things are going well, I just got internet today! I’m soooo excited. Hehe

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 06:11:16 am »
Never been married, not sure if I ever will, but from the portrayal of your husband, I see a lot of myself in that portrayal, because I'm an empath with a temper. Not necessarily saying I'd abuse my hypothetical spouse, but if they were bullied, I'd probably be arrested for dulling out the payback.