Author Topic: Character Nicknames On CT  (Read 1072 times)

To4oo4

• Porrean (+50)
  • Again, the bitter black winds begin to howl.
    • View Profile
Character Nicknames On CT
« on: April 12, 2019, 01:52:49 pm »
For those of you who nickname the party members of CT, what do you usually name them?

I used to name Robo "Cherox", but Robo grew on me. I'd name Magus "Magnus" because I kept mispronouncing his name as Magnus, but now I just call him Janus. I name Ayla "Feylum", and Crono "Tora", and I name Frog "Tazul". Everyone else keeps their default names.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Character Nicknames On CT
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 02:24:09 pm »
Back in 1995 I called Lucca "Starr" and Robo "Iron." On my subsequent NG+ playthroughs, I made Marle "Nadia."

Nowadays I keep all names the same except for Magus, who I name "Janus." I do that as I pretend that Magus, after having survived the Fall of Zeal, sheds his Magus persona and embraces his past as Janus.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 02:58:27 pm »
When I change their names, it's usually Marle -> Nadia, Frog -> Glenn, Robo -> R66-Y, and Magus -> Janus. Sometimes Frog -> Toad.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 12:06:20 am »
Child brains are weird.
Frog was Todec. Marle was Lisa and Crono, of course, took my own name. Lucca, for some reason, stayed Lucca. Oh, and Robo was R2D2 but I think that's not unusual. Then by the time Ayla came I was bored of generating names, so Ayla and Magus they stayed.