Author Topic: The Final Battle  (Read 1199 times)

To4oo4

• Porrean (+50)
  • Again, the bitter black winds begin to howl.
    • View Profile
The Final Battle
« on: April 11, 2019, 11:24:29 am »
I just listened to The Final Battle w/ headphones for the first time, and, uh. The constant rotating of this repeating sound between the left and right headphones freaked me out a little. Just felt weird. Is it just me? But I digress, I wanted to talk about the final Lavos battle.

This fight always got my adrenaline pumping, and even though being unable to beat it for 4 years was crushing, it was extremely satisfying finally beating the little bugger. The right pod actually being the Lavos Core tripped me up a lot back in the day. Thoughts?

Edit: Back in the day = 2012
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:24:38 pm by To4oo4 »

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Battle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 08:50:42 pm »
yes, it's supposed to shift back-and-forth between your headphones. I always thought that was a cool effect.

I'm surprised you had that much trouble with the fight. maybe you were underleveled? your level should at least ~40 by endgame.

yes, Lavos shifts his essence to the right bit as a deceptive defense. it's tricky indeed, but it is the final battle of the game, so it's not supposed to pull any punches.

To4oo4

• Porrean (+50)
  • Again, the bitter black winds begin to howl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Battle
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 01:49:26 pm »
I'm surprised you had that much trouble with the fight. maybe you were underleveled? your level should at least ~40 by endgame.

The reason I had so much trouble with the fight was because I had screwed up my equipment and items. I only had 2 Megalixers and 1 Lapis, and I had missed out on a lot of good gear. I ended up making a new save 2 months ago (hadn't played the game since I was 10-11 years old), and that was the save I beat the game with.