Author Topic: Innate Type Modification  (Read 3029 times)

squallstorm

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Innate Type Modification
« on: November 14, 2019, 08:11:53 pm »
Hello, I'm new here, I've used this site for information for a while but this is the first time I posted.  I have a question....a few websites have innate type modifying codes but they don't change two key things.....the techs for that character stay the same color, so if I change Kid to Blue, her steal tech is still red....which I figured might happen cause the techs are hard coded to be that way.  But what annoys me is that innate elements, like Cure All or MagNegate still can't be used after you change their color.  I know I could just hack them into their element slots but I was wondering if anyone has played with this when modding the game? Is there another offset to "prove" they are actually Blue etc. Innate? Or has anyone figured out an offset that can actually change the color of an element?  I think it would be awesome to change certain characters to a more suitable color for them.....Kid is a big example.....Being the clone of Schala shouldn't she be using a better color in relation to her abilities....Blue was my guess, but White could make sense too considering what type of person and Mage she was in Zeal. But yes sorry for the long post.....any info on this or really any sort of offset for changing character attributes would be appreciated.  On another note has anyone used the enemy editor extensively? I would think the big stat is action points.....if you lowered that to a minimum I bet many enemies would be way harder, I'd love info on how those stats affect difficulty too....again sorry for a long first post. :shock:

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
Re: Innate Type Modification
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 04:35:53 pm »
Hi Storm, you've come to the right place!
So basically you want to, make Kid being Innate Blue, and that her 3 Element (Pilfer/Redpin/Hotshot) also Blue?

1) Kid Innate color can be easily edited by going to offset 13B72279
you should find the value "20"
The game use this table for innate color
Blue   = 80
Red   = 20
Yellow = 40
Green = 04
Black  = 10
White = 08

So changing 20 for 80 will make Kid Innate color Blue (Only when she joins you, the game set the innate color before the character joins you, so changing it and loading in a game where kid is already in your party won't work! Make sure you test it that way :)  )

2) Her 3 elements can be found at offset
0026B43C - 0026B467 = @Pilfer
0026B468 - 0026B493 = @RedPin
0026B494 - 0026B4BF = @HotShot

and
13BA205C - 13BA2087 = @Pilfer
13BA2088 - 13BA20B3 = @RedPin
13BA20B4 - 13BA20DF = @HotShot

(The first set of value found are used in the Menu, lets says I only edit the Pilfer at 0026B43C , Pilfer info will only change in the menu , not in battle!
The second set is for the Battle! So You wanna make sure you edit both set to get your element properly edit ! )

Remember all element length are "2C". You can find lots of info at https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/2541.html also concerning element !
Element color use the same table as Innate color (and FC is used for ChronoCross element Color, Funny thing I haven't tried to put a Character with innate color FC , wonder what would that do lol!)

How to make Pilfer Blue :
So changing offset 0026B441 & 13BA2061 (Both value are 20 "Red" , change it for 80 "Blue"
and Pilfer will now appear as Blue element in Menu and in Battle!

How to make Redpin Blue :
Change 0026B46D & 13BA208D same as Pilfer!

How to make HotShot Blue :
Change 0026B499 & 13BA20B9

There you go ! Let me know if you have any other question!
*Small thing is : Sadly It won't change the color of the Redpin in the animation *When kid toss tons of pins*, I haven't found yet how to edit those).

squallstorm

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 06:20:35 am »
Wow, thank you for the quick and very informative response Grobycftw  :)  Now I hate to sound stupid.......but I feel like it right now.....I have to ask how would I convert those raw offsets into a gameshark code?

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 02:38:36 pm »
Oh sorry I'm not very familiar with gameshark codes, there's a couple of thread of the forum for on gameshark coding I think,  but if you know how to edit your iso with Hxd, it shouldn't take more then 30sec~1min !