Author Topic: Look who I found on Another Eden!  (Read 7204 times)

ForTex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Look who I found on Another Eden!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 11:20:47 am »
Some of the characters are just toying with us...

"Raven
Description: A mage wreathed in darkness and death. He has no memory of his past, and hides his scarred face behind a mask. He keeps away from people. Not wanting to be studied, he prefers to do things on his own. "

Design seems like a dark version of Guile:

I would love to have a subforum for analysing the similarities with the Chrono games. I am wondering if they have used elements from the cancelled Chrono Break on this game?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:57:00 am by ForTex »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 09:52:49 am »
I finally started playing this game. It's surprisingly better than I expected!

One thing that has surprised me is just how many Chrono music motif's are in this game. There are quite a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VXYLFqh_hE&list=PLDqvF39VbBUJThxq4_b7zUz2oQs2e8vQy&index=3

Home Arni, Marle's Theme, Peaceful Days are all here! And this is just one example.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 10:56:18 am »
Guess it's a sign I need to recruit more characters when I try a quest and my highest level characters don't make a dent in the enemy defense  :oops:  :lol:

I'm only up to 20 recruits (yeah, I can afford to recruit more but I get paranoid about not having chronos stones) but am in the process of leveling up anyone who can actually fight those underwater creatures.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 05:41:28 pm »
That's the thing that gets me -- getting new characters can be really frakkin' hard in this game! Buying Chronos Stones is expensive, and saving up enough Chronos Stones to get more characters also takes forever (5-10 per achievement, and 1000 needed for a 10-person draw with a guaranteed 5*). Luckily, this is the only gotcha element of the game and is not only optional, but largely insignificant to the rest of the game.

I actually pre-registered the game but never started playing until two days ago. Because of that, I got 2 extra characters off the bat -- both of which were physical fighters (Miyu the Rune Knight and Benedict the Woodsmith/Warrior). So for now I am lacking a magical or defensive character, hahaha...

EDIT: I just realized I had a free draw ticket for 10 characters. I got a few new ones, including my first 5* character (Lokido) and one mage character (Erina).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 05:42:53 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 06:54:50 pm »
Wait until you start "redrawing" recruits you already have... ugh.  :( Though at least it does increase the character's light/shadow points or something. Which apparently is good for their stats, I guess.