Author Topic: Look who I found on Another Eden!  (Read 7179 times)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Look who I found on Another Eden!
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:19:36 am »
Heard of this new game by Masato Kato?

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Look who I found on Another Eden!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:28:00 pm »
I still haven't played this, even though I downloaded it when it first came out.

I heard they're working on a Switch port, I may wait for that since I hate mobile games.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 08:43:39 pm »
I'd find it a little disappointing if said Switch port becomes the only way to play it internationally. Really now, the mobile version needs to have bigger release coverage.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:12:48 pm »
You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't play the mobile  version at least. Kato really knows how to write good fetch quests and it seems he's using this as a Chrono Trigger/Cross sequel with name changes. You'll find time travel, the end of time, and an epic story.

What I love most about this game it is that it's like a perfect blend of the two Trigger games with such great music and gameplay. I even did a purchase to support the creators.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 09:22:06 pm »
Well, for my part, it's not yet available in my country. There's not much of a choice there.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:45:56 pm »
God, I love the side quests. They distract me from the main quest! They even cover terminal disease.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 10:56:22 pm »
I want to get around to it, it'll just take some time.  I would for sure purchase this and play the heck out of it if it were a console game.

As it isn't, it'll go into my back log until I finally remember to pull out my phone. haha

To4oo4

• Porrean (+50)
  • Again, the bitter black winds begin to howl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 06:27:51 pm »
Time to get a mobile device...
Also, nice find.

ForTex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 07:38:24 am »
I'm from Europe and it is not available here. I just downloaded the Another Eden apk from google, installed, and selected Canada as my region. Works fine.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 12:46:41 am »
I absolutely LOVE this game!! I have a file on my phone and one on my iPad. This is the best game I’ve played in a long time!

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 10:04:57 pm »
 There were a couple of posts about Ashtear, actually, in our Another Eden thread.

I came in here thinking you found someone else.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 03:45:19 pm »
Very early on there are dummies in a shop (?) that look a LOT like Mojoy from Cross that you can click on, but it just says its just a dummy or something. Raven also seems to be filling in for Guile (his mask & mysterious past are almost identical).

In fact so much of this makes me think I would have enjoyed Cross more if it had been a gacha (would have explained the large cast)...I love that even tho it is gacha most characters DO have personal sidequests that make them more than just combat drones. Now if they'd only throw in Double/Triple Techs I'd be in heaven....

Also since its Mitsuda you HAVE to play w/the sound UP!!

ForTex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 07:35:01 am »
Very early on there are dummies in a shop (?) that look a LOT like Mojoy from Cross that you can click on, but it just says its just a dummy or something. Raven also seems to be filling in for Guile (his mask & mysterious past are almost identical).

In fact so much of this makes me think I would have enjoyed Cross more if it had been a gacha (would have explained the large cast)...I love that even tho it is gacha most characters DO have personal sidequests that make them more than just combat drones. Now if they'd only throw in Double/Triple Techs I'd be in heaven....

Also since its Mitsuda you HAVE to play w/the sound UP!!

Double tech you say... https://youtu.be/dtVUmoH-74U?t=18

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 06:37:10 am »
Yeah, I hadn't unlocked that ability when I posted...The battle system has a unique spin on the classic turn-based mechanism. From switching out reserve party members similar to FFX, only with added buffs/debuffs to the interesting take on Limit Break-style group attacks (which honestly reminds me more of SaGa Frontier's group attacks than Chrono's Double/Triple Techs).

Oh the daily reward (a lil premium currency every day) is delivered by another cat and its called the Lynx delivery service, I believe? There's also a big dragon you talk to that reminds me of one of the ones from Cross (I wanna say the water one?). So there ya go, more CC winks/nudges/saynomores...

Oh and now there's an event going on called "The 1000 Year Ark of the Ocean Palace"...sounds familiar....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:40:11 am by V_Translanka »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 10:47:05 am »
I didn't know this game had events! I figured it was a straight-forward beginning-to-end kind of jRPG, just on mobile.