Author Topic: Chrono Maps | Android Map App  (Read 9196 times)

Yoon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Y-Corner
Chrono Maps | Android Map App
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »
Hey guys, I wanted to share an Android app that I developed and released recently onto the Google Play Store.

The app is CHRONO MAPS, an interactive map app that displays the world maps of different eras from Chrono Trigger. It is derived from a Dragon Quest map app that I released a while ago. It can be thought of as Google Maps (somewhat) for Chrono Trigger. :D You can use multi-touch gestures to pinch and tap to zoom in and out of the maps.

Going for maximum nostalgia, CHRONO MAPS mimics the graphical interface style of the SNES version of Chrono Trigger and uses all sorts of Chrono Trigger sprites. The app also features music and sound effects from the SNES version of Chrono Trigger.

With 2015 being the 20th anniversary of Chrono Trigger, CHRONO MAPS is my tribute to the 20th anniversary of Chrono Trigger! :roll: If you have an Android device, check out the app! I'll be making improvements to the app from time to time.

Google Play: CHRONO MAPS
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:11:13 pm by Yoon »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Maps | Android Map App
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:20:55 am »
YOU SIR, ARE A GENIUS!

AHHHH

I love this!!!! Thank-you so much for making this!!!!  :D

Yoon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Y-Corner
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 12:21:08 am »
Thanks! :) I had a lot of fun developing Chrono Maps; I'm glad that I was able to release it in time for the CT anniversary!

That being said, a big update is coming soon for Chrono Maps; the next version will feature world maps from Chrono Cross!

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:29:36 pm »
Looks great, makes me wish I had an android so I could check it out.

Yoon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Y-Corner
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 07:46:15 pm »
Just released an update (1.05) to Chrono Maps; this is a huge update folks! This version adds gate access to the El Nido Archipelago, where you can view the world maps from Chrono Cross! Here's a preview of the new version:

The following is a list of changes brought to the new version:

* 1.05:
- New gate to the El Nido Archipelago has appeared. Chrono Cross maps are now available for viewing!
- OPTIONS: Crew dialog shown when tapping on Epoch.
- OPTIONS: Pressing the MENU key returns the user to the map view.
- OPTIONS: Pressing the SEARCH key displays the TRIGGER menu or causes a dimensional CROSS.
- CREDITS: Spekkio now appears in CREDITS.
- FIX: Resolved an audio issue on devices running Android 2.3 (GINGERBREAD) where the sound effects would stop playing.

Version 1.05 is now live on the Google Play Store.

CronoSpeaks

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:06:33 am »
This is absolutely brilliant, Yoon! What a wonderful contribution to the Chronoverse! I've already downloaded and installed the app myself and I hope to play around with it later today. :) I've also shared this topic on Reddit's Chrono Trigger subreddit, so hopefully you'll see those download numbers increase in the near future! Keep up the awesome work!!

Yoon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Y-Corner
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 05:00:41 am »
Thanks for your kind remarks, CronoSpeaks! I'm just happy to be able to contribute what I can to help commemorate the spirit of Chrono Trigger. :)

It's awesome that there's a Chrono Trigger sub-reddit, I'll definitely will be stopping by later!

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 07:07:42 am »
I'm apprehensive of Reddit after my friend got doxed on it.

Toby

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 04:13:49 pm »
Recently got this app and love it so much! Gets me that CT/CC vibe whenever I want it, the visuals and the audio. Perfection.  :D

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 03:55:30 pm »
I'm apprehensive of Reddit after my friend got doxed on it.

Really? Reddit? I've not had any trouble, though I also only just recently joined.

Anyways, the added Chrono Cross support for this app really intrigues me. I might need to check it out.