Author Topic: Want to use Gameshark to alter a few things. Need help. (SPOILERS for the game)  (Read 7821 times)

StockBeat

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I found something that might be a good starting point for making a full "turn Lynx back into Serge" code.

https://wescastro.com/codetwink/cheats.codetwink.com/psx/view/1079/34/default.htm

These are cheat codes for Serge. The element slot modifier codes let you put specific elements in specific element slots. And here is a list of those elements: https://wescastro.com/codetwink/cheats.codetwink.com/psx/view/1079/59/default.htm

Through a bit of trial and error, I think I was able to successfully replace Lynx's techs with Serge's using the following codes:

8006EC32 00A0
8006EC4C 00A1
8006EC5C 00A2

Another interesting thing in that list of codes is the "Picture/Sprite Modifier". I used the code "3006EBF5 0000" to see if it would change Lynx back into Serge and.... it worked! His name is still "Lynx" and he's still black innate and he still has Lynx's techs unless you use the element modifier codes, but his character model and menu pictures are all Serge's.

I think all that should be left to figure out is how to change his name and innate color.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:32:37 pm by StockBeat »

StockBeat

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Hello? Nobody's replied to this since March. Where is everybody?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
As documented on the page on initial stats, Serge's name becomes Lynx when his element is set to Black. So, fixing his color and his name are the same thing.
The way stats are organized is documented on the enemy data page.
Working backwards from known memory address/cheat codes, the address for Serge's innate color is at 0x6EBC9 in memory. The code to set his color to white should be 3006EBC9 0008.

StockBeat

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Sorry for posting after such a long time. I forgot about this thread for a while.

Thank you Vehek! I tried it out, and it worked! I played up to getting Norris with all the codes put together, and everything seems to be in order! Only problem is that characters still call Serge "Lynx" in dialogue, but I imagine that might be because the game might actually write out "Lynx" instead of having a bit of code that says "put the character's name here" since it's impossible for his name to be anything else during this part of the game (just a guess though), and if that's the case, I don't imagine there's any way to fix it short of cracking open the game and manually rewriting the dialogue.

At any rate, thank you so much everyone! I'll play through the game like this and see how it goes. For future reference, and for anybody else who may want to do this, all of the codes to turn Lynx back into Serge are below:

3006EBF5 0000 (character model and menu/dialogue pictures)
3006EBC9 0008 (name and innate color)
8006EC32 00A0 (replace Glide Hook with Dash & Slash)
8006EC4C 00A1 (replace Feral Cats with Luminare)
8006EC5C 00A2 (replace Forever Zero with Flying Arrow)