Author Topic: Help me Obi-wan Kenobi...  (Read 178 times)

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Help me Obi-wan Kenobi...
« on: January 24, 2019, 02:35:31 am »
Hey guys, so as most of you probably know I've been working on a Chrono Cross arrangement album called Cross Symphonic for the past year. As the project has developed and gone through some ups and downs, I decided to have the album recorded by a live 75 - 95 piece orchestra and a 30 voice choir with a release date in November to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Japanese release.   

In order to do that I need to raise a pretty hefty chunk of cash... $150K to be exact.  This covers all fess, recording, post production, album production, marketing, artwork, physical production, distribution, etc. I've spent the last two months pulling together quotes, schedules, licensing information (with the help of Boo!), and a myriad of other production related info to get a solid budget together before I launch a Kickstarter on February 4th.

I had the opportunity recently to meet with someone that has had tremendous success with crowd funding.  His number one suggestion, and he couldn't stress this enough, was to find as many people as possible that will commit to donating to the campaign on the first day, even if it's only $10.  Apparently, if you can get a minimum of 100 pledges to a campaign on the first day it significantly boosts your projects ranking on Kickstarter, and can often land you a front page spot for their trending projects which leads to huge organic reach.

I'm setting up rewards for the campaign now, and will have something set up for the early bird donations.  Likely a physical album at a lower price point, and possibly another perk or two.  Would any of you be interested in donating on February 4th? I would be happy to share a track or two with all of you if you'd like to hear something from the album, and welcome any feedback you might have!

I'm putting a list together of potential day one backers, so let me know if you're interested! (It will help me gauge how many early bird spots to open up!)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:29:54 pm by CptOvaltine »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life
  • Lavos (+4000)
    • View Profile
Re: Help me Obi-wan Kenobi...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 01:43:54 pm »
I will gladly be a day one donor. That makes 1/100!

I can also sticky this to the Chrono Trigger subreddit for visibility, in addition to posting to the most likely visible places: r/jrpg and r/gaming.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:56:12 pm »
I'll back you for sure. Maybe post a reminder here Feb 3rd/4th  ..... I tend to forget dates that aren't ingrained in my head. :lol:

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 02:25:38 pm »
Same. I'm not sure how much I can back at the moment, but it will be something for sure.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 02:40:55 pm »
I really appreciate it, guys!  This is a huge help.  Share this around with anyone that might be interested, or would be willing to support an awesome orchestral project!  Even if they aren't Chrono fans, I think this album will appeal to soundtrack lovers too.

I can also sticky this to the Chrono Trigger subreddit for visibility, in addition to posting to the most likely visible places: r/jrpg and r/gaming.

That would be awesome! I think getting the word and collecting early backers might be a good idea. I could finish that moon trailer with the date to go along with the post if you think that would be helpful?

I'll back you for sure. Maybe post a reminder here Feb 3rd/4th  ..... I tend to forget dates that aren't ingrained in my head. :lol:

I'll be sure to come back and post a reminder! :)

Same. I'm not sure how much I can back at the moment, but it will be something for sure.

No worries!  Every little bit helps, so whatever you're comfortable with!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:43:12 pm by CptOvaltine »

Razig

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 03:14:41 pm »
And my axe!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 03:58:23 pm »
And my axe!

:lol:  You're on the list, Razig.  Thank you!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 04:17:56 pm »
Today is the day!  I'll be launching in a few hours, is everyone ready?!

Razig

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 06:23:13 pm »
Darn it, I wanted to be first. I guess third is still pretty good.
:P

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 06:39:08 pm »
Darn it, I wanted to be first. I guess third is still pretty good.
:P

That's still a bronze. ;)  Seriously though, thank you so much!  Let's get the word out there!

Here is the link for those of you that don't have it: https://kck.st/2Svaz1i
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:56:09 pm by CptOvaltine »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life
  • Lavos (+4000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 11:16:17 pm »
Woohoo! I am about to back the project and I can't wait!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 02:16:55 am »
Woohoo! I am about to back the project and I can't wait!

Thanks, Boo!  We've hit 100 backers.  Let's keep the momentum going!  On a side note, does anyone frequent Kotaku, Polygon, or any other game enthusiast website? It would be great if we could grab some attention from that corner of the internet!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 03:25:19 pm »
So some complications arose, and I had to take down the Kickstarter temporarily. I'm working things out, and will relaunch as soon as possible! This is only a set back, not the end! :D