Author Topic: Ending 2018 with a Surprise: A New ROM Hack!  (Read 28096 times)

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
Re: Ending 2018 with a Surprise: A New ROM Hack!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2019, 11:32:13 pm »
Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to check back in from time to time. 8)

Demonsblood

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2019, 08:29:20 am »
Have been enjoying the hack, and playing CT again after a very long time. I may have found another issue.

When you complete the Sunken Desert quest, leave Robo with Fiona in 600 A.D. to retrieve Robo in 1000 A.D., enter the campfire scene, and then head off to save Luccas' mom Lara when you come back Robo isn't there to greet you. You can also head back to the camp where Robo isn't there either.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:03:35 am by Demonsblood »

Dinadan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 04:54:14 am »
Fauntleroy: Thank you! I will wait for the new patch.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 10:17:31 am »
OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSS

I've been swallowed into the pit of my last year of my master's degree but I finally get my pc fixed and what do I find!? THIS BEAUTIFUL GEM!

Thank you Fauntleroy, you have literally made my year!!!! I can't wait to check this out!!!!

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 11:26:35 pm »
Huh... now my game won't even go past the title screen. It's stuck in a loop or something. The pendulum swings once and tries to skip to the music/video showing gameplay, then it quits, goes back to the title screen. Repeat.

I wonder if I should just start over.

ETA: I'm thinking it isn't the patch though. Possibly the emulator itself since it's decided it hates all versions of CT. In either case, it ate my files so I'll be starting over anyway.

ETA2: I give up. Tried to patch a new game, tried a newer version of Snes9x, made a little progress but today, getting the same loop problem. I have no idea why I'm failing so hard. It was nice playing though. Hope it turns out better for everyone else.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:48:55 pm by Toreadore »

Demonsblood

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 03:57:38 am »
Sorry for not posting back a very long week. Just wanted to say I was able to finally get through there (maybe emulator was a bit buggy especially with the Black Omen in 1000 A.D., 600 A.D., and 12,000 B.C. not being able to advance, but for some strange reason restarting the emulator let me through) and just finished the game!

Awesome eye opening experience! It was like playing it again after so many years except with some new content. Going to go through it again on new game +. Thank you! :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:14:37 am by Demonsblood »

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 05:53:06 pm »
Screenshots look nice, and don't feel too bad about the bugs. I'm still fixing bugs from the first release of my hack.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2019, 11:52:06 pm »
so I just saved Schala, everything seems fine...

Then there's an empty scene of a cave entrance, and I'm suddenly in the cave with the party. If I try to leave, I get taken to the same screen.

I tried this with the party mentioned before as well. Running ZSNES. BSNES for whatever reason wanted to start me off with no save files each time.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:10:57 am by Captain B »

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2019, 10:52:35 pm »
So I've pinpointed the source of my misery! Apparently, my emulators really hate it when I use my new controller to play CT. Switched the controls back to keyboard and the game works fine again. Of course, I have had to start over.

It's been a month so I don't remember if I did the Schala events out of order or not, but I did find it is possible to trigger a reunion before having visited the forest, the retreat, or the Blackbird. Makes it trippy because there is two of everyone except for Schala. Of course, I immediately reset and made myself play the events in order and I'm now back on track and ready to scale Death Peak.