Author Topic: Ending 2018 with a Surprise: A New ROM Hack!  (Read 28095 times)

thief_fighter

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Ending 2018 with a Surprise: A New ROM Hack!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 12:58:40 am »
I think there's a bug with Marle's Rainbow. Sometime it ignores Mdefense, and always bypass the absorb effect.

p.s. what new dungeon is in this mod other than rescuing Schala and where can I find them?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 01:28:57 am by thief_fighter »

blocker209

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 03:46:35 am »
I sped through the game to the new portion with Schala. * Spoilers ahead* I got "the Magus" now Magus and he asks us to get Schala before leaving 12000 bc. I find her, but both the time gate and the epoch are still locking me into this era so I cannot go forward in the game. Magus says to find Schala though I have already found her. Please help. Thanks!

thief_fighter

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 04:25:50 am »
You need to find her a 3rd time.

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 11:47:21 am »
I think there's a bug with Marle's Rainbow. Sometime it ignores Mdefense, and always bypass the absorb effect.

I'm not able to replicate this at all. Which emulator are you using, and are you sure you applied the patch to the recommended ROM?

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 11:48:22 am »
I sped through the game to the new portion with Schala. * Spoilers ahead* I got "the Magus" now Magus and he asks us to get Schala before leaving 12000 bc. I find her, but both the time gate and the epoch are still locking me into this era so I cannot go forward in the game. Magus says to find Schala though I have already found her. Please help. Thanks!

Huh. I'll private message you.

thief_fighter

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 11:57:58 am »

I'm not able to replicate this at all. Which emulator are you using, and are you sure you applied the patch to the recommended ROM?

I use OpenEmu for mac, probably Snes9x. Yes, I checked CRC32 to make sure it's the right ROM

chardizzeroony

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 02:40:13 pm »
Hi, just registered to file a bug report:

*Spoilers to follow*

After defeating Dalton at the Guru's retreat, the following scene where Magus and Schala are in the cave and you have a brief scene with your party members hangs indefinitely instead of transitioning to inside the cave with at least one party configuration. Tested in both 1.0 and 1.1 and was present in both.

A party of Magus, Ayla, Marle (that exact order) triggered this bug.
When I went back and switched to Magus, Lucca, Robo, the bug did not happen.

I'm using RetroArch with a core of bsnes-mercury v094 (Performance) on a Windows PC.

CRC32 Unmodified: 8A36ED76
CRC32 Modified (1.1): E8FD6910
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:48:54 pm by chardizzeroony »

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 11:36:52 pm »
Thank you for an exceptionally well-done bug report.

I believe I found the error--check your inbox!

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 01:56:23 am »
Hey, Just out of curiosity; How long did it take you guys to make this ROM hack?

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2018, 12:14:34 am »
Funny glitch happened, after finishing 12,000BC and getting Crono.

I visited the shop in Porre and talked to the guy in armor. The current party is Crono, Lucca, and Frog btw, and the guy says his normal lines and falls. Then Magus, who is not there says, "... He fainted."

This is using the 1.1 version and SNESx9 emulator.

Dinadan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2018, 10:41:55 am »
Thank you for your hard work! I have a question about CRC32. Want to play this Hack in New Year, but my CRC32 is 2D206BF7. It works? Can't find a good place where to get 8A36ED76. Maybe anyone can PM me?

the_E_y_Es

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2018, 05:44:49 pm »
Just wanted to say I'm absolutely in love with the Middle English dialect you've concocted for the people at 600 AD. Stupendous job, my hat's off to you.

Chronosplit should have a look at this, he wants the same thing for his patch.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2018, 09:23:07 pm »
Hello!

Thanks for offering this hack for CT lovers everywhere. I'm impressed with the amount of work that went into it.

I'm currently having an issue but I'm not sure whether it's user error or a glitch. After visiting the Blackbird and being told to go to the Guru's Retreat to see the Nu, I go and the Nu is nowhere to be found. If it matters, I did visit the retreat once before finding Schala. I am using Snes9X.

taac

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2019, 03:04:18 pm »
hi! i'm overall very impressed. when doing the quest with schala, it's pretty confusing, however - if i go to the small cave right away, the "magus talking to schala" event is immediately triggered, which is pretty baffling.

also i am getting right that the zakra line is necessary to complete before going to the blackbird wreck and doing the real schala line? that's kinda confusing since it doesn't make much narrative sense; i couldn't figure out how to follow the correct line for a long while because of that (besides prematurely triggering the cave event). zakra line also feels pretty empty atm

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2019, 07:11:59 pm »
CH86: I made this hack on my own, but with extensive technical support from people here, especially Mauron. I worked on it off and on for about nine months. If I'd worked on it for an hour or two every day, it probably would've taken me about three months.

Sailor Phantom: Thanks for catching that! Easy fix.

Dinadan: I think that different CRC32 might just be due to the rom having a header vs. not having a header. I'll research further, but if that's the case, either version would work.

the_E_y_Es: Thank you! I'm not 100% satisfied with it. Some of it was just by ear, but I actually used some cheesy Elizabethan/Shakespearean text translators online to get some of the more distinctive vocab.

chardizzeroony, Toreadore and taac: Sadly, a host of connected bugs were found over the past few days involving the Schala sequence. A new patch will be released within the next few days to address the whole kit and kaboodle.

The intended path is: explore area around Last Village, optional visit to Beast's Nest, Forest Primeaval, Blackbird Crash, Guru's Retreat.

Thanks everyone!