Author Topic: Chrono Trigger 1000AD map Edits to 1020AD  (Read 3702 times)

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
Chrono Trigger 1000AD map Edits to 1020AD
« on: December 20, 2018, 03:31:59 am »
I started this idea of, 'can I get the El Nido map into the Chrono Trigger map? Obviously no, it just wouldn't fit. :? But then I thought, could I fit it into the world of Chrono Trigger more seamlessly?? So I tossed a couple buildings next to Choras and two years later, I FINALLY finished it! 8) With my own headcanon of what if Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers combined and lived in the Chrono Trigger universe. So, everything has a purpose in the map!!
I even made quick sprites of what Serge and Kid would look like in my what if scenario.

Here's some info on the places...

The Triangle
A mysterious formation of three rocks emerged one day, creating Eden's Triangle, a place where any fisherman or ship vanishes if entering. Thus becoming forbidden. In Another world it keeps the name Eden's triangle but in Home it becomes the Dead Triangle.

The Sun Keep Isle
An isle guarded by a large creature that no one dare disturb lest they lose their life. Though rumor a magnificent treasure is kept hidden.

Home World
Guardia town, no longer a kingdom
Castle is in ruins, with a lone tower still standing and flag at it's peak.
Lucca's home is destoryed, with a memorial to her and the orphans she watched over.
Left alone by outsiders with large forest keeping most away.
Few survivors live with a memorial to those who perished.
A small port mainly for fishing, not visiting other kingdoms.

Dorino Town rebuilt
Contains a mix of former Guardians, and Porreans, people who escaped but not fully from Dalton.
Fiona's forest has been used as building materials, for Dalton's castle, military use, and expanse of Porre.
Fiona's shrine is still respected as a neutral zone despite having lost much forest to Porre.

Porre
Porre has thrived under Dalton's rule and military might. Having conquered Guardia, Choras, and Arni.
Dalton's castle sits atop the mountain near Porre, the only way in being a secret passage into the forest, to the mountain, and teleport inside.
The kingdom celebrates with a festival of it's prosperity every year.

Choras
Choras and Arni are under Porre govern/rule.
Choras has expanded a little, becoming a small port town with Porre
The Hero's grave monument has been left in disarray, a lone caretaker tries to keep it looking nice.

Arni
Arni village is a small fishing village who sends their goods to Choras to trade with Porre.
Serge is alive with his mother
Leena lives with her father, who never speaks after the loss of his wife many years ago.
Fisherman occasional fish near Eden's Triangle but never get too close.

Medina

The village has thrived while guarding against Porre's army and monitoring outsiders. Allowing only a few to enter.
Melchior's hut has been destroyed during Dalton's search for him.
The Mystics have grown in number and species.
Trade is kept to a minimum though they are mostly self reliant.

Another World
Guardia, former kingdom
Almost completely destroyed, only a single few stay.
The forest has been used to build Dalton's castle, increase military might for Porre, and the prison.
Former Guardia castle houses most of Dalton's military which is allied with Porre.
Lucca's home was nearly destroyed but salvaged, and turned into Dalton's prison, which can only be accessed by teleport in his castle.

Dorino Town rebuilt
Having stayed out of the conflict between Guardia and Porre, it thrives and stays neutral for as long as it can.
It even gains a port to trade with Choras
Fiona's forest is considered a sacred place and no trees are to be cut down, as it is protected by a mysterious guardian.

Porre
A military town with most of it's civillians having moved to Dorino, while the rest become soldiers or scientists.
Much of the forest surrounding Porre has been used to increase their military power and supplies.
Though not a major port town anymore, it still does some trade with Choras, though usually upon Medina, as neutral ground.

Choras
Choras thrives and becomes it's own kingdom and a major port town, even trading with Porre.
Trade with Porre is meet on Neutral ground, near Medina.

Arni
Arni village is a small fishing village who sends their goods to Choras to trade with Porre.
Serge is dead.
Leena lives with her mother, who despite the loss of her husband years ago, is head strong and speaks out against Dalton and Porre.
Fisherman avoid Dead Triangle despite the good fishing to be found.

Medina
Attempted to help Guardia when it was under siege by Porre, but suffered many losses.
Many Mystics have been taken in as servants, slaves, or to be used in manual labor.
Most Mystics hate humans, though a few remember their old kindness.
An old mystic lives away in the forest, attempting to keep the remaining few safe.

Now if you actually read through all that, neat!!! :) This project of mine is only a map edit, and some redesigns. Eventually I'll get an actually drawing of Kid and Serge done in their alternate outfits.
Though I love the idea of somehow turning this into a playable game or story/comic, or something. But there is no way I can do that on my own. It's too big for just me.  :shock: Whelp. I hope you all get a kick out of my maps! :D

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger 1000AD map Edits to 1020AD
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 03:42:55 am »
Dude awesome job, kudos on your work, I'm liking this. Its a great tie in and makes sense from my standpoint.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 01:00:16 pm »
Oh, that's an interesting concept. Very cool.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 05:19:12 pm »
Awesome edits!  So El Nido is inside the Triangle?

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 07:29:55 pm »

Thanks. ^_^

No, technically El Nido is merged with different parts of the world map. Like Choras or Porre is Termina(depending on which world you're in) and Arni is nearby Choras. Medina is now the Marbule village. Dalton's castle is now Viper Manor. And The Dead/Eden's Triangle is now what houses Chronopilis, underwater.

I thought of just making a formation of rocks where the triangle is and calling it El Nido, but it felt too small and didn't seem right. Plus I got the crazy idea of combining Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross story.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 08:20:43 pm »

Thanks. ^_^

No, technically El Nido is merged with different parts of the world map. Like Choras or Porre is Termina(depending on which world you're in) and Arni is nearby Choras. Medina is now the Marbule village. Dalton's castle is now Viper Manor. And The Dead/Eden's Triangle is now what houses Chronopilis, underwater.

I thought of just making a formation of rocks where the triangle is and calling it El Nido, but it felt too small and didn't seem right. Plus I got the crazy idea of combining Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross story.

Oh, that makes perfect sense! It's a pretty cool concept.  I'd love to play a scenario based off of this world. :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 10:31:24 pm »
Nice! I, too, would have loved to see a world where Radical Dreamers was better integrated into Chrono Trigger's world. :)

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 08:31:14 pm »
What Causes Guardia to be More destroyed in Another world than it is in Home World? Dalton Also seems to have conquered further in Another world as his headquarters and prison are at Guardian territory where in Home world his headquarters is near Porre. Also Dalton seems to have focused on conquest in Another World, where in Home World he seems to focused on building up Porre.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:23:23 pm by CH86 »

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 07:21:47 pm »
What Causes Guardia to be More destroyed in Another world than it is in Home World? Dalton Also seems to have conquered further in Another world as his headquarters and prison are at Guardian territory where in Home world his headquarters is near Porre. Also Dalton seems to have focused on conquest in Another World, where in Home World he seems to focused on building up Porre.

So I don't have the story FULLY fleshed out but here's my best explanation that I have.
Dalton's conquest is the same in both worlds but it turns out different due to Serge living or dying, and causing a butterfly affect.

As to Guardia's destruction, in Another World it is more abandoned by it's former occupants. Thus nothing got rebuilt or fixed. Also Dalton used the surrounding trees to build his fortress and change Lucca's former home into a prison.
As to why it's in Guardia and not Porre, that is due to Dalton's less than successful conquest, thus he was pushed or driven out, but Porre stayed a military town with a thirst for a greater country. Which then causes Dalton to search for other means of conquest. The Frozen Flame.

While in Home World, Guardia has been conquered but forgotten as they also have Choras and Arni. So the former people of Guardia stay and try rebuilding their home while secluding themselves from the other kingdoms, mostly Porre. Only trading occasional with Medina.

So it wasn't so much Dalton building up Porre, but Porre backing him up if he succeeded(Home World/Serge Alive) or casting him out if he failed(Another World/Serge Dead).

I hope that answers your questions well enough. ^_^

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 03:49:54 am »
These are great!!!!

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 04:03:59 pm »
This is great!

From the title I was expecting there to be a recreation of Chrono Cross's overworld with Chrono Trigger's tileset as a pure art project, but the idea of merging the two worlds visually never occurred to me.

A winner is you!

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 05:12:51 pm »
This is great!

From the title I was expecting there to be a recreation of Chrono Cross's overworld with Chrono Trigger's tileset as a pure art project, but the idea of merging the two worlds visually never occurred to me.

A winner is you!

Aww, thank you.  :) I thought about doing that but this sounded more fun.