Poll

How far in Chrono Trigger have you played?

Played a bit / haven't played it
0 (0%)
Played a lot, haven't beaten it
1 (4.2%)
Beat Lavos
5 (20.8%)
Played New Game + / Beat the game a second time
2 (8.3%)
Got to the developer's room
16 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: How far did you get in Chrono Trigger?  (Read 13159 times)

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: How far did you get in Chrono Trigger?
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2019, 12:02:49 pm »
Well... i growth at my monster at L and get these THINKS at all ...
but... easiest wasy ( which take on time is STILL lv1 and hp about 2500)
SAVE before every match if cam lost or boss fight without ne of these six... (yeah these ix thinks can get EVERY level, sorry)

L3, fight Magus, get magus... and so on...
Well... i have L99 at vs Lavos, and new game+ L99 and that road at l99 so...

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2019, 11:54:11 pm »
I have played both Chrono Trigger and Cross a countless number of times, and Radical Dreamers a number of times as well.  Used to be a yearly ritual for me, but have not played them for several years until now.  Finally decided to revive that ritual and check out the fan projects out there, and all I can say is it is good to be back.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2019, 07:00:02 pm »
Welcome back. I think I'm gonna replay CT in a few weeks now :)

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2020, 05:21:15 pm »
 :?
Well... my think just give anyway NEW GAME ? even i wanna begind at empty again...

Well... hmm... there is fn game wher one person is Schala... and father of C... yeah... but father of S?

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2020, 06:26:55 pm »
^ what?

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2020, 02:46:08 pm »
Hymp: Empty at new game+ anyway... my nds is broken... at just L think... mrhmm!
One fan game where is crono´s father...(AND Schala) but... are there fan game where at  CC:n that person´s father is playeple?

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2020, 01:32:20 am »
I have played Trigger TO DEATH. Lol. I have multiple files where my entire party is level 99 and I’ve played NG+ so many times it’s insane. But still... I sometimes still find dialog I’d never seen before. Trigger is awesome. That being said I have played Cross quite a bit as well, although not as much as Trigger. Currently, I’m playing Crimson Echoes again. :)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2020, 03:00:11 am »
I remember for sure I've beaten Chrono Trigger for SNES at least once and gotten one of the endings.

I've for sure beaten Chrono Cross at least once as well.

I've never done New Game+ for either.

Just yesterday afternoon I started up a new game for Chrono Trigger (SNES). I'm 00:28 minutes in and, guys, this game seriously steals my breath away. I had forgotten how much fun it was. I'm so excited everytime I look forward to playing it each day.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2020, 11:52:51 pm »
I had no idea that Chrono Trigger had multiple endings. I beat the game once and immediately began a second playthrough on NewGame+.

I got to the first battle with Lavos (at the Ocean Palace) and decided to see what happens when you're not beat by Lavos and found the Developers Room. I was so confused; this would have been late summer to early fall of 1996.

When the one character asks if you'd like to see 'Chrono Trigger 2' I was ecstatic -- until his follow up response: "Wouldn't that be nice?" Talk about your heartbreak.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2020, 08:52:41 am »
One thing I never knew about Chrono Trigger, and this was before I had Internet, was that you can get Magus. I think I was baffled or astonished when I first looked up that you can get him.

I usually almost always play all the games at the Millennial Fair but I don't really do the Tent of Horrors until much later when you can go back.

Played for about an hour today and I just rescued Queen Leene.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2020, 09:29:48 am »
Played for about an hour today and I just rescued Queen Leene.

Good thing you were able to resolve that paradox! Did you know you have two options during the prison escape? You can choose to break out, or wait the three days until Crono's execution. If you haven't done both, I recommend at least checking out to see what happens if you wait.

One thing I never knew about Chrono Trigger, and this was before I had Internet, was that you can get Magus. I think I was baffled or astonished when I first looked up that you can get him.

Same here! I generally play as good characters / paragons / whatever and didn't want revenge on Magus, only to be surprised when he joined me for it. I also remember after the dialogue ended (but before he joins) being confused because there were no activations left on the screen. I kept trying to talk to Magus thinking there was more to the scene before I gave up and tried leaving the map, only to have him stop me.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2020, 09:19:30 pm »
I love how they go into detail about how Marle just disappears if her ancestor Queen Leene is just kidnapped lol.

Ok I'll keep that in mind during the jail situation I think I usually break out or escape lol but I'll try waiting this time just to see what happens! That's usually my favorite scene in the game I love when RPGs feature the main character getting arrested and locked up in jail I think it's so interesting. It definitely happens in a lot of RPGs but I think and feel Chrono Trigger is the most famous scene of all, and it includes the trial and everything too.

I think I usually break out so I can get the items and explore, and fight for experience points though. Do you happen to know if you'll miss out on items if you choose to wait? My favorite is when you check on the inmate and he turns to dust or a skeleton and just basically disappears lol.

Well one of the only things I remember was how iconic the fight was between Frog and Magus. It's the only scene I remember from the game really. I actually always play as a good guy too and always making the moral choice or decision lol. I thought the right thing to do was to just finish the fight with Frog though. That's what I did when I was younger. I never cared for Magus ever. I was stuck at that scene forever because it was such a hard fight.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2020, 01:50:51 pm »
I think I usually break out so I can get the items and explore, and fight for experience points though. Do you happen to know if you'll miss out on items if you choose to wait?

You won't miss anything unless you move the story forward after the scene. Otherwise you can backtrack and get all the stuff.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:53:37 pm by Razig »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2020, 06:33:46 pm »
Oh ok thanks for the head's up! I hate missing out on items and exploring.

I didn't get any time to play yesterday Chrono Trigger is such a big game I was just so tired but I will for sure play a little bit today.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:34:48 pm by VidKid369 »