Author Topic: Hello!! *waves frantically*  (Read 5385 times)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
Hello!! *waves frantically*
« on: December 03, 2018, 10:33:17 pm »
So I feel super bad for not being here the last couple of months but ugh, the new job blocks the Compendium (assholes!) and it killed my Compendium routine. Lol So I’m here at home on my iPad and I’m going to work on doing this a couple times a week.

So the last 2 months have been... eventful. 3 weeks after starting my new job I needed surgery. I swear, never a dull moment with me. Lol Well I had the surgery and it went well and I was back at work. I missed about 2.5 weeks total so I was happy to have a job to go back to. That is, until I returned...

So the kind of surgery I had was...sensitive in nature. Well almost as soon as I got back, they started giving me a problem because I’m going to the bathroom more than the 30 minutes for break that I’m allotted. Most days I don’t even take a break, I use that time to go to the bathroom and they are still giving me a hard time about it. So I called my doctor’s office today and they have a doctor’s not waiting for me. However when I talked to my agency yesterday I was told they do not have to accommodate me even with a doctor’s note. The whole situation is bull. So needless to say I’m not happy at my job and I’m looking for another one because this is ridiculous.

So things have been a little rough but I know it will get better. It’s just been rough because I didn’t work for basically 3 weeks and it’s hurting us so much financially. I know it will get better but right now I’m just like, “Grrrrrr!”

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and let you know where I’ve been. I’m going to make sure to check in a couple times a week, I’ve really missed this place! I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season!

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Hello!! *waves frantically*
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:56:56 pm »
Not accommodating bathroom needs AND blocking the Compendium? How terrible!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:03:50 pm »
Not accommodating bathroom needs AND blocking the Compendium? How terrible!

I won’t lie Mauron, this made me giggle!!

It just sucks right now because I hate work right now. But I’ll get through it!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 01:31:03 am »
My life goal is making people giggle.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 01:44:22 am »
Hang in there, Nadia! We're rooting for you!

The main thing is that you're healthy and well. That is paramount (and the Compendium is only a close second). Bahaha!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:43:04 am »
I’m definitely trying. It gets frustrating though, sometimes I feel like I have to work twice as hard as everyone else. I’m sure that’s not entirely true, but it feels that way sometimes!!

I’ve really missed being here. After I had my surgery I slept a lot, which is why I wasn’t here then. Lol

I’m actually debating going back to my old job and taking a second job. That would be better than the BS I’m having to deal with right now. They write me up every time I go past 30 minutes for break/bathroom so I feel like I’m lucky if I’ll still have a job by my birthday (which is next Wednesday already! :o ) So we’ll see. Thank you all for always being supportive!!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 04:43:33 pm »
Man, that's a really shitty situation. I hope it starts looking up! Glad to have you back, Nadia.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 09:33:34 pm »
Yeah it really is. I brought a doctor’s note today and they still won’t allow me more than the 30 minutes. It’s absurd!! However I may have a new job on Monday at my husband’s shop. It would be stuff like sanding and hole punching. I haven’t worked a labor job in a long time but maybe it’s the change I need. I would be making at least as much as I’m making now, maybe more. I’m talking to his boss on Saturday at the company holiday party. Ha ha! I’ve been saying lately I wouldn’t mind getting away from customer service so maybe right now this will be good for me. Plus I wouldn’t be eating at a desk anymore so maybe I’d lose weight too! I’ll keep you guys posted!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 04:03:03 am »
hole punching
Be careful you don't hurt your hand!

Best of luck to you.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 10:04:08 am »
No worries, my fingers wouldn’t be anywhere where the holes are actually punched. I’ve seen the machine that does that, it’s all computerized. I have to admit, I’m excited about doing something that’s not people bitching at me all day and I can work overtime if I want too! I’m really feeling like this will be a good move for me.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 02:33:31 pm »
So no fists required? :P

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »
Customer service is a tough job.  I'm not sure there's another job out there that completely shatters all faith in humanity. haha

Glad to hear from you, and hope things start to look up!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:45:23 pm »
So no fists required? :P

Ha ha, that first one went over my head! Silly me! But no, no fists required. Ha ha!

So today I did something I’ve never done. I quit my job without having another one lined up. Now I do have my “interview” tomorrow and I know lots of places I can apply if that doesn’t pan out. I just couldn’t deal with how I was being treated. Not only did I quit today, but I sent an email before I left. I’ve never done that before either. I did ask my husband if it was ok and in his words he told me to “tell them to fuck off.” Well I did, but in a professional manner. I’d never been treated so poorly at a workplace before and that’s saying a lot. Here’s to hoping the next place is better!!

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 01:33:25 pm »
Glad to see you back. Happy belated btw!
I'm telling you if they gave me THAT much hassle for leaving my desk for more than 30 minutes I would relieve myself in their chairs, see how they like it. :lol: I'm just a little sadistic sometimes...

Compendium blocked? Savages!

Clearly not  aplace you want to be.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 03:58:47 pm »
My time at that job has to have been one of the most stressful times of my life. I’ve never been treated so horribly at a workplace before. I’m still not working but I’m putting applications out. I’m having to apply at some places that I really don’t want to work, but I can always work at said places until I find something better.

Right now if just a frustrating time. Ugh. I know it will get better though!