Author Topic: OMEGA: Xenogears Tribute Album  (Read 2018 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
OMEGA: Xenogears Tribute Album
« on: November 29, 2018, 11:16:06 pm »
More Mitsuda goodness! This time its a tribute album to Xenogears!

For OMEGA: A Tribute to Xenogears, the Materia Collective community came together in full force to pay tribute to one of the finest RPG soundtracks ever made. Over 130 arrangers, musicians, vocalists, lyricsts, mixing engineers, mastering engineers, translators, and engravers worked together to cover all 44 tracks from the original soundtrack. OMEGA features a diverse range of instrumentation and styles, from solo piano to full orchestra; guitar and mandolin duet to an enormous choir just to name a few. We put our hearts and souls into this album, and we hope we have made a fitting tribute to a soundtrack that has meant so much to so many people since it was released twenty years ago.

Also, I hadn't heard of the Materia Collective until now. I'll be checking them out!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: OMEGA: Xenogears Tribute Album
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:29:25 am »
I know Chris Porter, the guy that's producing this. I've also had a few interactions with Sebastian Wolf, the founder of Materia. He's a nice guy, they pull off some pretty ambitious projects!

If you haven't listened to the sample tracks on band camp, you need to! This album looks like it's going to be great!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 04:03:22 pm »
Nice! The soundtrack to Xenogears is amazing. Granted, Xenogears is one of those games I never finished. One of these days...

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 02:48:13 am »
Nice! The soundtrack to Xenogears is amazing. Granted, Xenogears is one of those games I never finished. One of these days...

Same here...I had never played it until 2 years ago, and I didn't make it very far before stoping.  I do want to go back to it, but I was never super invested into it.