Author Topic: [Hip Hop] so, this flew under the radar it seems...  (Read 1575 times)

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
[Hip Hop] so, this flew under the radar it seems...
« on: October 21, 2018, 11:23:58 pm »
 Before today, I had no idea who Whiz Khalifa was. I am not a fan of the Hip Hop genre personally, but this is just too damn confusing/hilarious/why for me *not* to post.

back in 2010, he released an album called Kush and Orange Juice. One of the tracks on that album is called Never been, and...    well...

it samples something awfully familiar.

https://youtu.be/PKWFvbgkWls   - Warning: Hip Hop video. may contain drugs, language, drugs, sex, drugs, etc. Does not actually have anything to do with magic pendants or mammon machines. Or clingy brothers.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: [Hip Hop] so, this flew under the radar it seems...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:27:40 pm »
Yup. Wiz is a known Chrono Trigger fan.

In fact, around 2009 or so there was someone posting here every once and a while who claimed to be Wiz. He and I messaged back and forth, and although I can't *prove* it was him, I'd like to think it really was simply for the fun of it.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:55:08 pm »
Ah yes, this.

I think I remember when that user was around. I don't think I ever heard that track back then. Only more recently when it was brought up again.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 08:25:17 pm »
Yeah tis a terrible song, how come he didn't get C&D for that?

There's another song of his too with a Chrono Trigger background, forgot which it was though.