Author Topic: Re: Coolest Chrono Cross Dungeon!  (Read 2909 times)

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Coolest Chrono Cross Dungeon!
« on: August 30, 2005, 12:41:55 am »
What do you believe to be the coolest dungeon of Chrono Cross, given the ambience of the location? (Ambience meaning, the graphics, sound, and music of the dungeon).

I like Viper Manor the best.

It's like, "My Haunted California Mansion!"

It has nuances of both a rich, tropical hideaway, yet, it has elements of a Gothic-styled haunted house.

The place has beautiful courtyards (especially when viewed at night! The matching battle scene does wonders). Even if I'm fighting off Dragoons and random ghosts, the place still makes me feel like I'm on vacation!

The ambient sounds that occur while you're outside, and the music that plays inside are both very relaxing to listen to.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 01:08:00 am »
Same; the rooftop balcony at night is unrivaled. However, Nadia's Bell comes in second.

Weggy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 02:57:01 am »
Chronopolis, definently.  The game started to get a lot better once it started linking to CT.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 05:26:23 am »
Lucca's Orphanage ;_;

It's a shame that there wasn't a boss battle in it though. Perhaps not Lynx, but maybe a huge, fiery demon creature or something (like the Balrog in the Lord of the Rings :twisted: ).

warriorsam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 04:32:46 am »
Lucca's Orphanage ;_;

Yeah, I went mad with excitement in Lucca's house, just realizing where I was. Also crazying was the inability to leave and see more Chrono Trigger locations in Chrono Cross graphics, heh.

I love the music in the forest outside Viper Manor, and that feeling of "being sneaky," even though nothing particularly interesting happens there. Except in the intro, when Zoah is standing there like, "ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT, GHOST-BOY!" (or something) I didn't see that intro until after the first time I beat the game, and it wasn't 'til then that I realized how cool some of the characters were, even if they didn't get much screen time.

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 08:51:55 am »
the last part of the tower of gheddon. Finally after hours of game play time we get a mention of crono and the company.

Lucca's Orphanage as well because of the pure nostalga factor. However when i played it the first time i was unbeliveably pissed that square decided that someone could actulary kidnap (and most likely Kill) "Lucca the Great!"(dont even get me started on the FFC ending where Crono IS slain how in the name of the universe could something like THAT happen!?!?) The drawings of the ct crew (cept ayla i belive??) was one of the high points of the game for me.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:08:45 am »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
dont even get me started on the FFC ending where Crono IS slain how in the name of the universe could something like THAT happen!?!?

Errr, it didn't happen. That was just a random Guardian knight and the Mysterious Long-Haired Masamune Stealer(tm).

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 10:43:40 am »
I'd have to say...Luccas House or Isle of the Dammed.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 02:10:35 pm »
Probably my favorite dungeon was the Dead Sea, because it honestly gave you the sense that "wow, something really, REALLY bad happened."  Not only that, it's where the real links to the first game began to take form.  Oh yeah, and the boss battle against Miguel.  My god, he was a BASTARD.  The sad music didn't help; it made me a sad panda, so much so that when I finally beat his ass I jumped up and down in triumph and shook my fist at the screen while shouting obscenities.  My second favorite dungeon is Chronopolis, because it's just bitchin' awesome.

pokemon_45_79_1

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 04:05:37 pm »
My favorite dungeon in Crono Cross is the tower of Geddon in the dead sea because of how it looks inside. The boss fight with Miguel is hard and of course the sad song is perfect for that battle because you are fighting a friend of the family, and It is a very very inportant part of the story line because you learn some of what happen.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 05:20:23 pm »
My favorites would have to be:

1. Chronopolis. The music and the mysterious atmosphere of a city unchanged even after thousands of years, and the ghosts of the city's inhabitants working as normal just promotes the wonderment of the place.

2. Terra Tower. I found the archictecture to be really interesting and so out of it; it really conveyed the feel of being from a whole different dimension.

3. Lucca's burning orphanage. Seeing all those childish drawings of the old crew brought back bittersweet memories, and seeing Lucca's CT house in 3D was interesting (I always assumed it would be a different place, but whatever.)

4. The Dead Sea, for everybody's elses reasons here (I'm too lazy to give it justice, like I did in the favorite location thread.)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 06:53:08 am »
Hmmm... I don't like dungeons, but a nice one was the Viper Manor. Oh, and the Dead Sea of course (because of the sad music in the battle next to Leene's Bell).  :D

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 02:19:50 pm »
I'd have to go with Chronopolis or Dead Sea.  Somewhat the same thing, I guess.

Worst dungeon?  Gaea's Navel.  The music, the layout, the enemies, everything about it.  Horrible.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 04:29:57 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
I'd have to go with Chronopolis or Dead Sea.  Somewhat the same thing, I guess.

Worst dungeon?  Gaea's Navel.  The music, the layout, the enemies, everything about it.  Horrible.

How come you thought the layout/music was horrible? I can understand if you thought it was a waste, considering it merits some interest based on that it's not a part of El Nido (it was there before the terraformation, as you well know.) But I didn't think the layout itself was bad...a little annoying as you had to climb the vines and inspect the chests to get some of the enemies to come out. And yeah, the premise of the place is annoying (Fighting a ton of random battles so to enrage the dragon into a boss battle >_>), but I didn't think the place itself was too bad. And the music wasn't spectacular, but I can't find any major qualms with it, and I thought it at least fit semi-well.

But hey, to each his own  :D ...

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 05:22:20 pm »
Yeah, Gaea's Navel was annoying, if only because you had to "thump" a bunch of enemies before you could face off with the boss.

The music and scenery of it weren't bad, though. That, and it only consists of three scenes, surrounding the fourth scene where you fight the Green Dragon.