Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > Polling

For any future Chrono Projects, who should star as the main characters?

(1/7) > >>

chrono.source:
Would love to get some ideas on what everyone would like to see in anything upcoming. Should we revise old characters? Create new ones? Give enemies a chance at redeeming themselves?

Acacia Sgt:
Well, personally I'm divided on wanting to see something original, and something about background stuff to flesh it out.

Like, I would like to see something around the Chronopolis-Dinopolis War, or even about Porre's rise and culminating in the Fall of Guardia. A game with Villain Protagonists, if you will.

Boo the Gentleman Caller:
I've always said that a Chrono sequel should somewhat be an all-star adventure in that it opens with a brand new character (in a new era), and eventually they are able to cross paths with and/or join up with characters from Trigger/Cross.

Nangbaby:
I voted three options.

Schala/Kid - Yes, I know Kid is Schala's clone, but it feels like Schala's story isn't truly complete. Cross raised more questions than answers and want to know precisely what happened to this girl and if she would reunite with her brother and the main cast.

Human Glenn - On one hand,  Glenn's story is completed in Chrono Trigger. Cursed knight overcomes his guilt and inadequacies to prove himself  to be the hero that he was always meant to be,  then helped to save world on top of it. On the other hand I am intrigued at the further adventures of this figure, especially since he is so renowned that he actually has people named after him 400 years later. He didn't stop being a hero but what did he do?

Reptite - In all the games, so far, the Reptites got burnt hard. Not only did Lavos wipe them out originally, preventing them from ruling the planet, but then time-travellers came and put an additional beatdown on them. Then worst yet in the timeline when they actually did evolve in line with the planet they still got corrupted. Since the protagonists are largely humans, our sympathies are supposed to lie with the cavepeople, but tis case makes a really good case that humanity ruins all it touches. I'd want more from the Reptite point of view to flesh them out from being either victims or villains.

chrono.source:

--- Quote from: Boo the Gentleman Caller on September 06, 2018, 02:30:29 am ---I've always said that a Chrono sequel should somewhat be an all-star adventure in that it opens with a brand new character (in a new era), and eventually they are able to cross paths with and/or join up with characters from Trigger/Cross.

--- End quote ---

In terms of a new character, what sort of past/lineage would this character have/come from?

--- Quote from: Nangbaby on September 06, 2018, 09:02:25 pm ---I voted three options.

Schala/Kid - Yes, I know Kid is Schala's clone, but it feels like Schala's story isn't truly complete. Cross raised more questions than answers and want to know precisely what happened to this girl and if she would reunite with her brother and the main cast.

Human Glenn - On one hand,  Glenn's story is completed in Chrono Trigger. Cursed knight overcomes his guilt and inadequacies to prove himself  to be the hero that he was always meant to be,  then helped to save world on top of it. On the other hand I am intrigued at the further adventures of this figure, especially since he is so renowned that he actually has people named after him 400 years later. He didn't stop being a hero but what did he do?

Reptite - In all the games, so far, the Reptites got burnt hard. Not only did Lavos wipe them out originally, preventing them from ruling the planet, but then time-travellers came and put an additional beatdown on them. Then worst yet in the timeline when they actually did evolve in line with the planet they still got corrupted. Since the protagonists are largely humans, our sympathies are supposed to lie with the cavepeople, but tis case makes a really good case that humanity ruins all it touches. I'd want more from the Reptite point of view to flesh them out from being either victims or villains.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious if you would go for more of a Schala post-Trigger aspect, or a Kid-Pre Cross aspect.... or combo of both?

And where would you leave off with the Reptites? Would you do something seamless where you just start off right where you left off in Trigger? Or sometime after the events of Lavos?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version