Author Topic: Temporal Flux Plugins  (Read 57878 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux Plugins
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2022, 12:08:08 am »
0C235C 3C Charm Chance
0C2A33 46 Rare Charm (normal drop)
3DAC22 28 Enemy item drop % chance - 64$ (00 always win item)

Are these editable in feindcrafter I forget could we have them added?

~Z

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2022, 07:19:30 pm »
Charm chance is in Hi-Tech. That's specifically for Ayla's Charm.

The Rare Charm (normal drop) is a second failure rate on Ayla's Charm. Twin Charm exclusively targets the charm item. I plan to make these editable in a future plugin.

Overall item drop is not implemented in anything, but would be good to include.

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2022, 06:05:56 pm »
Hi Mauron! Long time :3
Sry this isn't really related to TF plugins but, would you happen to know where we should look for the display of Ayla's "Attack Power" in menu status screen. (Not her PWR, but the Attack Power does indeed depends on her PWR.)
We changed her stat growth and now her Attack Power's display is erroneous and we can't find where the "calcul" for the display is  o: 
We would ideally just have her using the same "calcul display" as Crono or Glenn, their displays works just fine!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2022, 09:59:58 pm »
The routines for each PC's damage formula are listed at 0x0291DB. Ayla's specifically is listed at 0x0291E5-6. Change that to EB 91 to match Crono and Frog.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2022, 10:21:53 pm »
That's cool stuff what is actually the difference in ayla's attack power versus Glen or Chrono?
Because technically you could use itemizer to change any weapon to be equipped on any character...
But a four times damage variable added would affect each one differently? If their attack power is different?

I'm pretty sure that Marley and Luca are based on hit for their attack damage more than they are attack power because they use ranged weapons... Unless they're close range smack with their weapons has something to do with attack power more then hit I'm not sure I haven't looked into this yet.

~Z

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2022, 12:02:41 am »
Wow! Thank god Mauron for this, that's amazing!
It worked instantly!!! :D

Alright so this brings us to our other issue regarding Attack Power display, Marle and Lucca both uses a different formula to show and calculate their damage and current Attack Power. Would it be possible to edit that formula?
I know editing it would change the display for both character but it is totally fine with what were trying to achieve.
What we want exactly is to have the same damage and display formula that Crono has for Marle and Lucca, except it would takes HIT into consideration instead of PWR.

@Zakyrus
I think because Ayla can't equip any weapon, her display uses a different formula, since we added weaps for her, the damage she was doing didn't correspond to the displayed values anymore! so we had to change it to match a similar character in strength (like Crono!)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2022, 04:54:04 pm »
Hey is there anything I can do to help with the development of the tech editor?

I noticed that deleting an object causes it to crash I was just trying to try to replace chrono:cyclone with ice.. just to see if I could do it and how it would work and I didn't get very far. lol

~Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2022, 04:45:22 pm »
How did you delete the object? I believe the current version has a bug where pressing the delete key without an object selected will cause a crash.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2022, 07:40:48 am »
Hmmm.... Would it be easiest to instantiate a blank object?

Basically I was trying to copy Marle's ice spell into Crono's Cyclone... Because there are differences in the amount of objects of each of the three parts this would not be possible to copy and paste Techs so far..m.

I just tried to copying the ice spell segments over into deleting the objects probably a No-No so far, huh?
If there's anybody that can product test or break something or find something weird it's probably me...

~Z
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 07:42:03 am by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2022, 02:30:07 pm »
The solution is simple enough, just stop deletion processing if nothing is selected. The problem is my code is currently a mess of half changes, and I have to fix those before releasing an update.

I *think* if you manually select an object or command every time you delete something, it will avoid the crash, but I'd honestly have to look at things again to be sure.

Maybe I'll have some time over the weekend.

inuksuk

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2023, 03:17:38 pm »
Minor bug report: In Warrior Workshop, unchecking Hexadecimal Display doesn't affect the Evade Growth and Evade Growth 2 displays in the Stat Growth pane. Those two stay as hex with the rest of the window in decimal.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2023, 03:34:39 pm »
Has anybody deciphered the encoding of C O L R E D  T E X T per character(char[*textstring]), yet?

We sooooo need to work on that. Should be easy for a plugin to expand [*keyindex_icons] and colors, maybe even [font] or wavy_draw_font... (for fun!)

:? :twisted: :cry: :oops:

~Z

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2023, 11:01:34 pm »
This is something I once heard about regarding a different game, but on the SNES, you can't color each character separately in a game with a variable-width/proportional font. The background layers of the SNES are tile-based, including which palette they use. In a VWF, a single tile will contain parts of multiple letters. So that one palette would be applied to multiple parts, or sharply change mid-letter on the next tile.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2023, 01:56:52 pm »
This is something I once heard about regarding a different game, but on the SNES, you can't color each character separately in a game with a variable-width/proportional font. The background layers of the SNES are tile-based, including which palette they use. In a VWF, a single tile will contain parts of multiple letters. So that one palette would be applied to multiple parts, or sharply change mid-letter on the next tile.

Hmmm... I was pretty sure that somebody figured this out before... and that what I suggested, could elaborate upon it by a few simple hacks. This would allow for "Legend of Zelda" (style) Color Coded important segments for Quests.

~Z
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 01:57:52 pm by Zakyrus »

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2023, 11:06:59 pm »
Hmmm... I was pretty sure that somebody figured this out before... and that what I suggested, could elaborate upon it by a few simple hacks.

You might remember from back in the day there was an event trick to color the text.
How to change text color:

I don't know the details for it but apparently this command can change the color of the text in the dialogue boxes:

MemCpy2E(43, 09, 05, 01, 00)

This one makes the text yellow, but other variants are possible.
(Now known as "ColorMath", under Scene Manipulation. Don't know the equivalent parameters under the revised command description yet.)
But that changed all the text at once. It appears to alter the palette data directly. The text is still sharing one palette. I think the SNES can't update VRAM (including the palette) on the horizontal render, only vertical (by scanline), and that still requires some tracking to time it right.