Author Topic: Temporal Flux Plugins  (Read 57877 times)

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux Plugins
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2021, 10:01:05 pm »
Hi Mauron! Long time  :D
I was wondering if you had any luck working on "other stats Tab" (like Hit/Stam/Evade)

With Warrior Workshop, I'm working on an update that will allow speed growth or fixed power/stamina/hit/evade/magic/magic defense, or setting individual stat caps for those stats.

The current tab code works as follows:

- If item CD is used, add 1 to power.
- If item CE is used, add 1 to magic.
- Otherwise, add 1 to speed.

The data for tabs is as follows.
CD: 02 0B 01 00
CE: 02 0E 01 00
CF: 00 00 00 00

I'll add expanded tabs to my project list.

That would be really awesome!  8)

I apologize if this is in the wrong post for this : o

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2021, 03:49:32 am »
At any given time I'm procrastinating on 10 different ideas I had, that one included.

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2021, 09:21:00 pm »
 :D Then we are on the same boat hehe, so many things on the shelves  :P
Thanks for all the progress you do and replying so fast!
I'll keep an eye on this post  :wink:

inuksuk

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2021, 04:12:53 am »
I found another problem in Hi-Tech. The Move Object command isn't being interpreted correctly. Hi-Tech reads the targeting byte as 00. For example, in Frog's Leap Slash at 0E2852 there's a 1B 2D Move Object command but TF reads it as 1B 00. Similarly at 0E285A, 12 0C is read as 12 00.
Adding a Move Object command isn't working correctly either; there's no way to pick a target and 00 gets written.

In a similar vein, Hi-Tech doesn't seem to handle the Circular Sprite Movement command correctly. It reads/writes as C0 00 00 00 00 even when that's not what's in the hex. There's also a 4-byte variant of Circular Sprite Movement that Hi-Tech doesn't seem to support though I don't really understand how it works. For example, in Ayla and Marle's Twin Charm at 0x0E4F75 there's a C3 variant that is only 4 bytes in length. It's used a few times in Twin Charm alongside the 5-byte version

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2021, 02:25:35 pm »
I'll have to poke into both of these.

Daedalus007

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2021, 11:00:48 pm »
I've created a few useful rom mods and one notable bugfix that Chrono Compendium included in the community bugfix patch.

Problem is that I'm not aware of any compatibility of Temporal Flux with the Nintendo DS rom or the Steam versions of the game.  Without some kind of plugin or compatability update my stuff is stuck on the SNES version.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2021, 03:02:11 pm »
I've been looking into SNES<->DS/PC conversion. It's not impossible, just a hassle to set up.

einlanzer0

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2021, 12:36:44 am »
Howdy - curious if the ability to modify states was ever set up. Specifically, I'd love to add a timer and glow graphics for attk boost and MP regen.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2021, 09:11:28 pm »
Still needed some R&D to complete.

inuksuk

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2021, 03:08:00 am »
Bug report for Hi-Tech. I edited some dual Techs to use different single Techs by changing the effect headers and prerequisites, but the field menu still displays MP costs for the dual Tech as though they use the original single Techs. Everything else seems to work as expected--for example the battle menu displays the intended MP costs.

The field menu is reading the dual Tech requirements from 0C28DB-0C2934 in order to display the MP costs, and changing those values resolves the issue.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 03:09:40 am by inuksuk »

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2022, 11:50:32 am »
fiendcrafter
 UPDATE_ENEMY (can we juust CTRL+SAVE?)
 ANIMATION: can we PWEEEESE have *which* animation is shown by chosing anim index? FUNK-SHUN-ALITY!!!

/checkbox, HEXIDECIMAL to DECIMAL checkbox for EVERYTHING (so easy)
...actually, could we have this for ALL plugins?

Thanks! :)

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2022, 08:05:38 pm »
Okay I see how it is my old galactic form is still Post-o killing threads... This better not be a LAVOID type annihilation!
I'm so f****** sorry about this...if it's me, then this is either a lack of interest simultaneously when I'm inspired or a bad demigod form I know not of...

What I would like is this:
If anybody has temporal flux source development code the SDK and I'm thinking t Geiger is the only one on earth and in heaven and on the earth and underneath the Earth that has this.... That we can acquire send it to me and I would like the SDK of plugins because that will help me out yes I will write my own soon I'm almost in the position to do that but I would like to do this with a bit better than what I wrote in Temporal Flux tutorial number one.

Also... I don't think anybody other than the aliens that work at Nintendo (and they're pretty f****** cool!)... knows the full magnitude of mode7 cutscenes in the Chrono trigger ROM in the SNES cartridge version because(not only of the faults that occurred between Square Incorporated and Nintendo when Chrono trigger was implemented after super Mario RPG was nearly finalized the Square Inc.,(before Squeenix!) went to Sony with the PlayStation for Final Fantasy 7 instead of Nintendo for the N64--(which actually never would have fit on a cartridge at the time!!) that is a weird freak of nature other versions of Chrono trigger seem to evade the aspects of mode 7 cutscenes... Because the architecture is not as complex and was easier to code.... Mode 7 being the freak thing that was super complex.... In comparison it would be like (Chrono trigger's USAGE of Mode7) would be to an NES game with scrolling backgrounds AND snow/rain/or meteors (which is possible in 6502!).

Also:
Just as an example it would be fun to have a pinball game of the race of Johnny or whatever...

~Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2022, 11:13:08 pm »
I've been very slow on hacking stuff lately, but I'll at least respond to a few of these.

- Hi-Tech: I'll look into the MP costs for the menu and implement them.
- Friendcrafter: Working on Update enemy being triggered with CTRL+S and ALT+S, had some slight issues to work out with other code. Animation is another big step, I'll worry about that whenever I get around to a full sprite assembly plugin.
- Hexadecimal display: Everything changes, with a few exceptions. There are certain strings that I can't change at runtime. These are displayed as both hexadecimal and decimal unless they fall into the second category, numbers used by Temporal Flux. Any value you see in the main program will always be in hexadecimal, and for clarity they are kept as is with a 0x prefix in decimal mode.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2022, 06:06:49 pm »
I've been very slow on hacking stuff lately, but I'll at least respond to a few of these.

- Hi-Tech: I'll look into the MP costs for the menu and implement them.
- Friendcrafter: Working on Update enemy being triggered with CTRL+S and ALT+S, had some slight issues to work out with other code. Animation is another big step, I'll worry about that whenever I get around to a full sprite assembly plugin.
- Hexadecimal display: Everything changes, with a few exceptions. There are certain strings that I can't change at runtime. These are displayed as both hexadecimal and decimal unless they fall into the second category, numbers used by Temporal Flux. Any value you see in the main program will always be in hexadecimal, and for clarity they are kept as is with a 0x prefix in decimal mode.

Yusˇ!!!!!!

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2022, 10:00:41 pm »
Hey can we have like a beta test of hex-idize?

There's a really awesome because I'm about to make tutorial three for the 13th time and I have to include some of the plugins that you have because they're awesome and we'll reference the stuff we can make a fortune!

Cha-CHING!!

Haha just kidding but seriously.

~Z