Author Topic: Temporal Flux Plugins  (Read 57870 times)

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux Plugins
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2020, 09:55:23 am »
Sorry--not to derail!
I did some reading on the Steam port. It looks like the Chrono Trigger "event language/bytecode" (or whatever it is called, I am new to this stuff!) is the same, although assets like music, images, tile maps, etc are totally different. (In fact it appears that imagery for example is simply PNG! Everything's just packed into a resources file.) It would be cool to have a sister project to Temporal Flux that can edit the bits that aren't already editable in the Steam version.

Edit: We should also consider CTDS modification efforts (I don't know much about it).

A couple sites/communities:
https://chrono-trigger.fandom.com/wiki/Chrono_Trigger_Ports_Wiki
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChronoTriggerModding
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 03:44:41 pm by trig »

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2020, 01:28:50 pm »
I've poked at the DS version a little. The data format is the same in many cases. I was actually able to hack one of the overworld maps by editing it in Temporal Flux, then exporting it manually to a DS ROM.

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2020, 01:32:10 am »
Hi guys!
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I have a question for you Mauron! :D

I was wondering if you could help with a little problem we're having with Ayla's Weapon
In the BlackBird Cell's Script (Location 173)  there's a event that unequips all Weapon/Helm/Armor/Acc from everyone, except it doesn't works on Ayla's Weapon, so I tried to trick the game by equipping another type of weapon to Ayla then remove all her Item but in vain (like seen in this picture)   looks like "Ayla weapon's" are uncheck for this function  :o  .

Do you know a solution for this?

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2020, 07:30:40 pm »
In a hex editor, change 0x028DB8 to EA EA.

In that event at [0894] there's some Ayla specific code for Ayla declaring her intent to fight.

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2020, 08:23:46 pm »
Oh wow Thanks Mauron! It did unequip her weapons  8) !
that part looks good now! But (there's a but xD) I thought it* would be solved by removing Ayla's weapon, let me explain

When we get in the Blackbird, I manage to make Ayla unable to start a battle unless she gets her equipment back , by editing event  089C (7F00D1, 80, set) to (7F00D1, 08, reset)
*Im not entirely sure what it does but it seems to work for what we had in mind, but she still had her weapon equip. Now it looks perfect thanks to you! (We want Ayla's weapon to be switchable like the other)*

The Real issue is , Ayla will start fighting whenever she Or another char in the party acquire his/her equipment back, *Lets say I put Robo in first char slot, then I only get his Equipment then start a battle, she will be able to fight regardless if she has a weapon or not equip but she can't start a battle on her own :o :o   

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2020, 05:32:43 pm »
Starting at around [05C5] there are a series of (If PCIsActive) conditions. The Ayla one needs a Mem.7F00B9 = 01 command added to it.

In the armory events, in Object 00, Arbitrary 1, there's an if(Mem.7F00C7) Goto [Label]. (7 will be 8 and 9 in armory 2 and 3). Delete both of those instructions for an Ayla with normally switchable weapons.

C-Dude

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2020, 02:02:55 am »
Warrior Workshop: A character stat editor.
I'm encountering a bug or oversight with this plug-in: the radio buttons to set menu element on a character do not save.  I'm trying to set Ayla and Robo to display FIRE and SHADOW respectively, but my changes are never recorded or reflected in-game, and launching Warrior Workshop again within Temporal Flux indicates the change was not recorded (despite saving).

I tried it with other characters as well (tried to set Marle to LIGHTNING just as a test) and those changes don't save either.

I'm using Temporal Flux 3.04 and Warrior Workshop RC13.  If I'm overlooking something obvious, I apologize in advance.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2020, 02:55:05 am »
Clearly you should use Warrior Workshop RC14 instead. :P

Warrior Workshop: Fixed a big where menu element changes were not being saved.

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2020, 05:59:59 pm »
Ohhhhh Thanks a bunchh Mauron !!!   8)  8)  8)
It worked perfectly!  :D Thank you for taking your time for this  : 3

inuksuk

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2020, 02:45:20 pm »
Hello,
I'm having some trouble with my shop data getting scrambled after doing some event editing. I can't replicate it with a fresh ROM, so I guess I messed some stuff up somewhere...but I did find this seemingly unrelated behaviour.
If I open Inventory Manager, close it, then open it a second time, the UI appears deformed. If I navigate the store list with arrow keys, I can attempt to move down past 17 - Black Omen and get this error (attached image). The shop display rolls over to 00.
Normal behaviour (the first time Inventory Manager is opened) is to not be able to move past 17.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2020, 12:01:41 pm »
Hi,
I am not dead but my computer is...(go figure)
So Im using an old winXP machine(better suited for this kind of work anyways)...
Unfortunately this means I gotta re-familiarize myself in Temporal Flux before starting again.

HOPEFULLY there will be a video soon.

-Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2020, 12:59:41 pm »
For inventory manager, that would normally be a simple bug to fix, but due to some data loss it will take more effort this time.

Zakyrus, sorry about the computer, good luck using Temporal Flux.

inuksuk

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2021, 01:35:32 am »
Hello, I'm having some trouble with Hi-Tech. Attempting to add a Play Sound command throws an error. I expect I can work around it by adding any 2- or 3-byte command as needed and then editing the hex in the appropriate place.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2021, 08:08:38 am »
I found the issue, I'll have a patch soon.

inuksuk

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2021, 03:55:48 am »
I found another problem in Hi-Tech. The Move Object command isn't being interpreted correctly. Hi-Tech reads the targeting byte as 00. For example, in Frog's Leap Slash at 0E2852 there's a 1B 2D Move Object command but TF reads it as 1B 00. Similarly at 0E285A, 12 0C is read as 12 00.
Adding a Move Object command isn't working correctly either; there's no way to pick a target and 00 gets written.