Author Topic: Temporal Flux Plugins  (Read 57821 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux Plugins
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2019, 05:37:10 pm »
Alright I'll lay off, lol.

I've been toying with an SPC editor, but I need help from someone more musical than me.

We need to find the guy who made the CTM(Chrono Trigger MusiCompanion, that hack that allowed mp3's to load instead of SPCs), he might be of service...

Palettes are on my to do list.

Alright! Weapon pallet editor and Location Tile Pallets are of the highest priority(atleast in my world, lol).

Tiles are trickier.

Can wait, can we have editable TileEditor hopefully by next summer?
:D

Random hex changes just aren't doable with a Temporal Flux plugin.

I'm stubbornly determined to make this a thing... lol. I'll prolly be most disappointed.

~Z

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2019, 08:21:03 pm »
CTM wouldn't be of help. It was an emulator specific hack that didn't understand the data in the ROM at all.

The MSU-1 hack wouldn't work either, because while that does impact the game's code, it doesn't have enough data on the SPC format.

Basically I need someone who can look at this video and say "Those notes are B, A, C, and D."

Palettes will be done after I finish some important updates to other plugins.

Tiles are trickier when allowing editing. Direct data import/export would be easier.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2019, 01:13:04 am »
Basically I need someone who can look at this video and say "Those notes are B, A, C, and D.

I have a buddy that can do that unfortunately he doesn't know snes but he is a musical genius.
Also I have purchased a legitimate copy.of of FL Studio... sound effects are one of my main interests. . Fortunately.... we can pass it through an audio editor and detect frequency. . e.g. 440 Hertz is C Sharp...

I will seriously look into this tomorrow.

-Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2019, 02:30:40 am »
That is quite useful. Thanks!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2019, 03:35:20 am »

This is probably redundant on level of notes at this point but on the level of data this might help you.
I have no idea why I haven't suggested this before...  :picardno

-Z

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2019, 04:45:10 pm »
Okay, I'm getting sick now of how hacking knowledge has been forgotten. We have had music imports in the past.

https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6839.0
(The command-line tool should also be available in utunnels' bundle of tools.)
You might want to check the FF6 hacking community; they did a lot of stuff from my early experiments with Romancing SaGa 3 editing tools.

Even if you want to make a visual editor, there's no need to re-do all the research into the note data. That was done years ago for other iterations of its SPC engine in other communities.

I might try to retrieve that experimental Impulse Tracker module to MML converter someone made.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2019, 05:05:27 pm »
I hadn't looked closely enough at that particular project. I knew there were a couple (format) to SPC projects, but hadn't checked on the details, and didn't know enough about either format to realize how useful they were, so I had glanced over them. That and FF6 hacking's resources have a lot of things that can help with some of the questions I had.

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2019, 04:42:11 pm »
Hi Mauron, I'm trying to change the Tech Requirement for Aurawhirl, but it seems that its not working when I'm changing it in Hi-Tech plugin, it seems that even if you change the value it goes back to Marle -> Aura , even if I go in Hex editor and change offset 000C1E5E => 25 (Marle, Crono) to lets say 26 (Lucca, Crono)  it does show in the change in TF but in the game you still learn Aurawhirl once you have Crono Cyclone and Marle Aura tech learn :o 
Any tips on that ?

I can't find download link or update on Hi-tech plugin, are you working on it at the moment?
Keep up the good work ! :)

Dark_Ansem

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2019, 05:13:23 pm »
Hi Mauron, I'm trying to change the Tech Requirement for Aurawhirl, but it seems that its not working when I'm changing it in Hi-Tech plugin, it seems that even if you change the value it goes back to Marle -> Aura , even if I go in Hex editor and change offset 000C1E5E => 25 (Marle, Crono) to lets say 26 (Lucca, Crono)  it does show in the change in TF but in the game you still learn Aurawhirl once you have Crono Cyclone and Marle Aura tech learn :o 
Any tips on that ?

I can't find download link or update on Hi-tech plugin, are you working on it at the moment?
Keep up the good work ! :)

Did you hit the various "write changes" button?

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2019, 05:27:08 pm »
Yeah
You can see the Original data (pic 1)
and the modified data (pic 2)
I change the offset C1E5E (25 to 26) manually
In game I still learn Aurawhirl when I learn Cyclone & Aura but I can't use it in battle. So it seems to "work" but the Requirement Tech for it isn't working well :o  so there must be another offset that check the Requirement for Aurawhirl somewhere (I suppose)

***Also when you're trying to change directly Aura for another spell, it goes back to Aura : (
either the plugin isn't working for it yet or there's something else I'm not understanding!  :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:29:46 pm by Grobycftw »

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2019, 11:35:37 pm »
Oh Mauron I just read your post on romhacking forum saying you were working on the Tech Requirement! (dating from about 5-6month ago). Well hopefully you'll figure it out :)  I'll be poking around the Tech data and see If I help on that matter!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2019, 02:39:12 pm »
I'll try to push an update soon.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2019, 11:30:48 pm »
Blasphemy! That's an A, of course!

Right you are.

I'll try to push an update soon.

FAN--TASTIC-!

~Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2019, 02:02:51 pm »
Warrior Workshop:
- Fixed a bug where a stat growth hack was being applied unnecessarily.
- Fixed a bug where a stat growth hack was loading incorrect values.
- Added an option to manually toggle the stat growth hack. It can be manually enabled or disabled, but if you update stat caps or change stat growth in a way that won't work in vanilla, it will be enabled for you.

If stat growth hack is checked when you open this version, you should uncheck it, and recheck it if necessary/preferred.

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2019, 01:14:11 am »
Hi Mauron, sorry if this is off topic, but I was wondering if you know how to change weapon animation? In this case for Lucca, whenever I use its (default animation as seen in the pic below)
the projectile is kinda messy, I don't mind it, all I want to do is to put for example  Wondershot instead of the default one , any tips :) ?