Author Topic: Temporal Flux Plugins  (Read 57827 times)

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Temporal Flux Plugins
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2019, 04:53:00 pm »
From what I can see, that's part of unused space that gets copied to SRAM, not character data. Unless you meant 7E264E and 7E269E, which are part of Crono and Marle's character data, and possibly unused. I haven't fully explored that part of character data because parts of it are calculated in game, so I didn't add editor support.

It looks like my new code for leveling up works. Now all stats, including speed, get calculated, unless they have a value of 00 for growth. It will get applied if you update a character any stat besides speed is 00, or speed has a value other than 00. It will also apply when updating stat maximums.

I'll be making some interface changes to Warrior Workshop as well.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2019, 05:23:31 pm »
Cool. Can't wait, I'll be doing some more re-cording when I refactor a few things... Once I get those segments recorded, I'll start the Video Editing work in which I'll refine, add subtitles, minimize useless segments, ramblings, etc.

As for the SRAM data, that's interesting... I was told this, by JLukas when I messaged him:

Hmm, it looks like 7E294E was forgotten and not added to the database.  I'll submit it so Geiger can put the info in the next version.

Fortunately, I still had the old message in the PM Outbox, here's what I wrote:

IIRC, those bytes I gave you last time were extra bytes in Crono's stats.  Add $50 to start using the extra space in Marle's stats, add another $50 to use the extra space in Lucca's stats, etc.  Again, I'm not 100% sure that the space really is unused to begin with, but that does appear to be the case.

7E299E-7E299F should be the two unused bytes for Marle, 7E29EE-7E29EF for Lucca, etc.

...and in this post: https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3344.msg59279#msg59279 ...when I asked back in 2006.

I hope that helps!

~Z
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:26:18 pm by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2019, 06:13:42 pm »
I think JLukas mixed up 7E264E and 7E294E in his original post. 7E2600 - start of character data, 0x50 bytes each. 7E264E would be the last two bytes of character data, which is currently undocumented, and at first glance, possibly unused.

7E299E is also included in SRAM, but 7E29EE is not. 7E26EE is, and is the last two bytes of character data for Lucca.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2019, 06:26:15 pm »
7E26EE is, and is the last two bytes of character data for Lucca.

This doesn't seem to affect anything, then again I've had so many changes in the original CT+ mod, that it could've conflicted with something, and I thought it was something else.

7E299E is also included in SRAM, but 7E29EE is not.
What other unused SRAM values are in range(nearby) that value?

I require 5 or 6 variables that carry over on NG+ for various purposes.

~Z
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:28:07 pm by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2019, 07:33:28 pm »
Code: [Select]
7E2881 FF FF All Appears to be unused space (included in SRAM) 2008.02.14
That whole range (7E2881-7E297F) is probably safe.

7E285C 06 FF All "All $FF, copied from 0C025C-0C0261, unused?" 2007.06.12
7E2862 1E FF All "JUNK, Weapon Stats copied from 0C0262-0C027F" 2007.06.29
These are definitely safe. They're leftover from the scrapped 8th character. Won't work with the 8th character patch whenever I finish it.

And actually, while 7E299E is included in SRAM, it's not usable for storage.

7E299E 01 FF All "Copied from 307FE1 in SRAM, total times a new game has been started?" 2007.06.29
7E299F 01 FF All "Unknown, related to new game ATB menu and character naming screens" 2007.06.29

And I'm pretty sure JLukas meant 7E264E in his posts from years ago.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2019, 10:14:58 pm »
That is fantastic!

7E299F   01   FF   All   "Unknown, related to new game ATB menu and character naming screens"   2007.06.29

Does this have something to do with Crono character screen having the ATB prior?
I'll try it later, next time I do some recording.

~Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2019, 10:58:09 pm »
Yes. If that is 00 and Crono's name screen is opened, the ATB menu will be called first. Warrior Workshop has a hack that removes the connection to Crono's name screen.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2019, 03:44:00 pm »
Yes. If that is 00 and Crono's name screen is opened, the ATB menu will be called first. Warrior Workshop has a hack that removes the connection to Crono's name screen.

Fantastic!!
Is there a way...."simply" to be able to have a Menu Screen Editor, e.g. ...be able to say, add 3 or 4 OTHER variables to the ATB screen, maybe move about the position of the settings, text, and have an OK "button" (or manually add a string that displays: "press start to continue...").

This would require (in theory), an Editor for just the ATB screen, that allows moving the text, settings, (adding new/groupings of settings), which VARIABLEs are set & defined, and perhaps a few graphics packets.

Sort of like those "custom code menu screens when you play a custom rom that has a Cheat Code Menu BEFORE you play the game"...I would like to be able to utilize <only> this screen, and adjust it for those purposes.

EDIT: purpose: I have a variable of selections in CT+, such as "Crono can speak if it's important", or "use 'contraversial/mature audiances dialog', etc. I would like to have these all on one screen, so that I don't need to require dialog boxes to do so....

Also, useful for 'greater hacking purposes' later on when custom menus are going to be desired.

~Z
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:57:07 pm by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2019, 04:56:13 pm »
Simply? Probably not. I'd have to do more menu research to provide more details.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2019, 06:15:18 pm »
Simply? Probably not. I'd have to do more menu research to provide more details.

Alrighty.
Consider this though, for a 'later down the road when functionality is done, and glossy apparel can be done' kind of thing...

~Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2019, 05:54:23 pm »
Warrior Workshop:

- Expanded Stats at level chart to go from 1-max level for all characters.
- Added button to set stats to current level.
- Stats at the starting level that do not match the growth for that level now display in red in the stat to level chart.
- Stat growth can now be altered to allow growth for any stat, individual stat caps, or fixed values for any stat. This is automatically applied when changing stat caps, adding speed growth, or disabling any other stat's growth.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2019, 08:40:58 pm »
Warrior Workshop:

- Stats at the starting level that do not match the growth for that level now display in red in the stat to level chart.
- Stat growth can now be altered to allow growth for any stat, individual stat caps, or fixed values for any stat. This is automatically applied when changing stat caps, adding speed growth, or disabling any other stat's growth.

Cool! I will put this to use, right away!
Is there any way(in Itemizer) to use:
Weapon Status:    Weapon/Tech: Command 0x0D: No Flags set.

with the 'Unknown' Below, to use a random spell/tech from an index?
This would be really neat!

Also: Can we get edits of the 3 pallet colors of weapons?

We need pallet editors, :D

~Z
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:42:26 pm by Zakyrus »

Dark_Ansem

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2019, 08:04:03 am »
Warrior Workshop:

Fantastic Stuff.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2019, 03:46:07 pm »
WE NEED THESE EDITORS!!

* Pallet Studio - edits location pallet data, weapon pallet data, NPC or enemy pallet data.
                       Need I say more?

* Audio Labs   - Edit SPC(midi? data, instruments, tracks, PWM/note infos, etc.)
                        simple .wav editor (import audio tracks as instrument, soundFX, battleSFX
                        etc.)

* Tile Mill        - Edit graphics for location, tile-swatches, etc.
                        Grid of tile editors, showing individual pixels, and also
                        ...edits pallets (link to loc. pallet editor)

Hex Index       -  A custom "Data Editor."
                         Simply has a grid of 10x 'data fields' (or memory addresses) per "sheet",
                         ...each contains a value, & 1 or 2 bytes.
                         Data edited would just be the same changes 'as if done in a HexEditor'...
                         ...just having 10 per 'sheet' (or import/export) would be *so* easy to do,
                         AND convenient to have. I NEEEEEEEEEEED this for a GREAT purpose!

I'm not going to quit, lol.
~Z
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:47:01 pm by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2019, 03:58:51 pm »
I've been toying with an SPC editor, but I need help from someone more musical than me.

Palettes are on my to do list.

Tiles are trickier.

Random hex changes just aren't doable with a Temporal Flux plugin.