Author Topic: Temporal Flux Plugins  (Read 61561 times)

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Temporal Flux Plugins
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 05:47:50 pm »
Upon loading Temporal Flux (during the TileEditor_plugins Constructor()), load the check _ifHasBeenModified, (display a 'warning msg box' since the tile editor has been loaded with a ROM that hasn't been 'fitted' yet). I can't imagine someone trying to load plugins after loading a ROM so this would be done at ROM load.

A check at ROM load isn't necessary. At ROM load, Temporal Flux loads all tile graphics from the ROM for the tileset editor. The decompressed data held by Temporal Flux is inaccessible to plugins, so a plugin would need to create a separate copy of of the decompressed data, and write the plugin's copy back to the ROM on save, which would not be shown in the map editor until a second ROM load.

That Plugin Architecture is what I reference for my plugins.

How can we make (easier) new plugins for ourselves?
For instances make a button that changes every Death Peak Music Track (to Singing Mountain), and edit/update the event files to use Singing Mountain rather than Silent Light. (ie. edit a string of commands and events files in Temporal Flux in one file or button.

A music change plugin like that would be difficult to create. Plugins can't access the loaded event data, which makes things difficult to mess with.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 02:02:04 am »
A music change plugin like that would be difficult to create. Plugins can't access the loaded event data, which makes things difficult to mess with.

I'm saying, take a macro list of .exported TF changes, and have a .script file, store/save/load that macro list and apply (changes in the macro list) yeah yeah, its just like ips. but at a different level.

~Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 03:27:22 am »
I suppose I could make a tool to parse multiple .Flux files with event code, and make one batch change, but it seems like it would be of little benefit. Doing a find in files from exported location events, then making the necessary changes in Temporal Flux would probably be easier.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 07:25:49 pm »
I suppose I could make a tool to parse multiple .Flux files with event code, and make one batch change, but it seems like it would be of little benefit. Doing a find in files from exported location events, then making the necessary changes in Temporal Flux would probably be easier.
[/quote

Hmmm... at this point, I'm saying 'go for it!' the more tools the merrier.

~X

einlanzer0

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 11:03:57 am »
Is there any way to cap level to 50 using warrior workshop? It doesn't seem to work like with the other stats.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 12:59:21 pm »
There's probably a second place where that cap is stored. I'll look into why that happens soon.

einlanzer0

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 02:19:21 pm »
Excellent, thanks. I've long thought that a 50 level cap would have been much more suitable for CT than 99 levels. My hack is designed to slightly slow down the leveling speed especially in the 2nd half of the game and make it so the end game is 40-50, with each level in that range requiring significantly more XP than the level before it.

ranford98

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 07:56:59 am »
How to change the font through Temporal Flux?

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 03:18:34 pm »
There's not an easy way at the moment. You can export the fonts, edit them with a tile editor, and reimport them, but that's kinda tricky. I'll look into options.

ranford98

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 12:38:27 am »
I plan to translate Flames of Eternity into my language. I tried to get fonts through Chronotools (bisqwit), but they are not back packaged.

I would like to just replace the font and translate through Temporal Flux.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 04:12:40 am »
At the very least I can stick some notes on what's available at the moment. It'll be up sometime tomorrow.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2019, 02:47:19 am »
Can the level cap be added to Warrior Workshop! Level cap 1-FF(1-255) this would be a good to have.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2019, 04:55:36 am »
Here's a good question: Random Game Generators have become increasingly popular as of late.
Would you be willing to make a plug-in: utilize random SEED monster/enemy levels by an initial value (as a CT rng...that is, Random#Gen), replace Tonic with Mid Tonic @ lvl18 < lvl... or Full Tonic @ lvl50+, think of setting tandom loot tables for chest by level!! Having a CT_random_generator AS a plug-in would be VERY sexy! It may even attract more users to the CT community.

-Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2019, 01:37:20 pm »
Level cap: I've been looking into the possibility, but I need to change how I handle the XP chart to do this.

Random Generator: It's lower on my priority list, but might be doable. I'd probably make a standalone program for that one though. There's no benefit from loading into Temporal Flux.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2019, 04:13:18 pm »
Level cap: I've been looking into the possibility, but I need to change how I handle the XP chart to do this.

Random Generator: It's lower on my priority list, but might be doable. I'd probably make a standalone program for that one though. There's no benefit from loading into Temporal Flux.

Cool and very cool.
I've seen someone making a random generator for Final Fantasy III (it allows to randomize "certain portions of the game, with customize-able levels of randomness in those areas)...if this was implemented as a base for CT_rand, then the possibilities would be near-endless.

~Z