Author Topic: I feel like I belong to the world of Chrono  (Read 1853 times)

Phalk

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I feel like I belong to the world of Chrono
« on: June 11, 2018, 06:23:24 am »
This thread will probably sound weird, but whenever I'm alone and I start listening to the sad songs of the Chrono Cross OST I feel like I belong there.
The memories from these games are so strong within me. I'm not sure if it's because of the time when I played both Trigger and Cross (those days were pretty sweet), but I always feel like I belong there, in El Nido or Guardia and I miss home.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like I belong to the world of Chrono
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 10:03:44 am »
First off, welcome tot he party!

:kamina :kamina :kamina

As for your first post...

Ah, the call of nostalgia! I know that feeling. It takes you back to memories of green and easier, more youthful days. The games have that affect on me, too. I was born in the mid-80's and was late to get a SNES, but I had one in 1995/1996 and Chrono Trigger was a huge part of the year of 1996 for me. It clearly never let go (if you've found yourself here that's likely a sign, harhar), and when I think of my childhood, Chrono Trigger is an ingrained part of that.

But the great thing is that the nostalgia isn't what makes the Chrono games so great -- they really are unique masterpieces for their respective gaming eras. And as you mentioned, one of those highlights are the soundtracks! But of course not just the bad songs. :) It's funny how music has such a visceral, emotive aspect, isn't it?

So what's your favorite tracks? What are those special memories tied to the Chrono games? We love hearing them!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:14:29 pm »
Welcome to the Mad House! We are happy that you're here!

I know that feeling all too well. That is how I feel too. I find whenever I'm upset, I turn to Chrono Trigger for comfort, as odd as that may sound. It's helped me through some very rough patches in life.

So tell us what it is you love about Chrono Trigger!!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 04:38:05 pm »
Welcome! I definitely get that feeling with Cross's soundtrack, and Trigger's, too. It's like my own little quiet place.

welcome tot he party!
You make me so happy.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:57:54 pm »
Welcome! I definitely get that feeling with Cross's soundtrack, and Trigger's, too. It's like my own little quiet place.

welcome tot he party!
You make me so happy.

I didn't even notice the spelling error until you quoted it! LOL  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unless it was intentional of course!  :D

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:47:41 pm »
It's an old tradition someone started up here, to intentionally spell it wrong. Don't even remember who, maybe ZeaLitY. But I always liked it.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 06:05:45 pm »
I like it too! I'll have to remember that from now on!  :D

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 12:11:47 am »
Quote from: Boo the Gentleman Caller on Yesterday at 10:03:44 am
welcome tot he party!
You make me so happy.

I aim to please. It's been far too long for that pre-meme. :D

kolt54321

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 11:19:08 pm »
This thread will probably sound weird, but whenever I'm alone and I start listening to the sad songs of the Chrono Cross OST I feel like I belong there.
The memories from these games are so strong within me. I'm not sure if it's because of the time when I played both Trigger and Cross (those days were pretty sweet), but I always feel like I belong there, in El Nido or Guardia and I miss home.

It's the same, but for the upbeat Cross songs for me.

I kind of forget how strong of a connection to these games I have, but every few weekends I listen to the OST and can't believe how I forgot.

But it's a comforting feeling, to have such vivid memories. I know most people will never know how it feels to have that bond.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 04:37:26 am »
I totally get it. For me just that one note in the song from Zeal or the world theme in Cross which sounds like it and mentally, im gone and right there. I played Chrono Trigger first at age 23 or 24, and it impacted me SO much that the memory is in my brain at age 8. It went in, edited my actual brain, and wrote it in as a memory SO important that I forgot like long division and stuff. For me though its the song from End of Time, where I feel like I'm over by the lamp post, just looking into the abyss for hours. That's all you'd expect at the end of time, a lamp post and a picket fence.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 03:16:15 pm »
The Chrono games really do have a way of selling ambiance that is just *different* than other RPGs. The soundtrack is really the thread that ties it all together. I hear certain songs - Memories of Green, Peaceful Days, to name a few - and I'm just lost in serenity.