Author Topic: Live Performance: A Chrono Fan Composer Is Teaming Up with a Live Orchestra  (Read 6083 times)

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Off to a good start!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
I am chuffed that they hit their goal!!

And so glad that you're going, Nadia!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile

Thank you so much for posting it! I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for you! I'm sooo excited to go!

Are you English perchance? English people are the only people I have ever heard use the word "chuffed" so now I'm curious. Ha ha!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile

Thank you so much for posting it! I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for you! I'm sooo excited to go!

Are you English perchance? English people are the only people I have ever heard use the word "chuffed" so now I'm curious. Ha ha!

Hah! 'Fraid not. I am West Coast USA: grew up in Southern California, then mostly lived in Washington State, with a five-year stint in the mountains of Texas.

I do, however, have a cosmopolitan vocabulary! You should have seen it when I was a teenager. I was just as ambitious in my diction as I am now, but while I knew a lot of words I didn't yet have the mastery to really pull it off, so my sentences were sometimes pretty ridiculous:

J: Have you mayhap apprehended what flagitious perfidy now agglomerates herein?!
Friend: What...?!!
J: It is as was foretold; forsooth we are witness to the promulgation by feckless wastrels of the mendacity of appetance, quod erat demonstrandum!

Today, my vocabulary is actually even bigger, but, A) I can actually use it all correctly; and, B) I've learned that expressiveness usually requires methods other than precision. =P

"Chuffed" is a fun one because some folks I read (all British of course) used it, and it's just a fun word. Plus its literal meaning is "swollen with fat" and that makes my inner fat acceptance activist smile, since we don't have many fat-positive expressions.

All of which makes me think...I ought to start a thread on my favorite hobby: etymology!

I hope you're still able to go to the concert despite troubles at home, and I hope it brings you a few hours of genuine delight!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Hah! 'Fraid not. I am West Coast USA: grew up in Southern California, then mostly lived in Washington State, with a five-year stint in the mountains of Texas.

I do, however, have a cosmopolitan vocabulary! You should have seen it when I was a teenager. I was just as ambitious in my diction as I am now, but while I knew a lot of words I didn't yet have the mastery to really pull it off, so my sentences were sometimes pretty ridiculous:

J: Have you mayhap apprehended what flagitious perfidy now agglomerates herein?!
Friend: What...?!!
J: It is as was foretold; forsooth we are witness to the promulgation by feckless wastrels of the mendacity of appetance, quod erat demonstrandum!

Today, my vocabulary is actually even bigger, but, A) I can actually use it all correctly; and, B) I've learned that expressiveness usually requires methods other than precision. =P

"Chuffed" is a fun one because some folks I read (all British of course) used it, and it's just a fun word. Plus its literal meaning is "swollen with fat" and that makes my inner fat acceptance activist smile, since we don't have many fat-positive expressions.

All of which makes me think...I ought to start a thread on my favorite hobby: etymology!

I hope you're still able to go to the concert despite troubles at home, and I hope it brings you a few hours of genuine delight!

I also have an extensive vocabulary. I've always been an avid reader; although I have to admit my vocabulary isn't as extensive as yours is. As I was reading your conversation, you made me think of frog/Glenn. LOL

So we were getting ready to buy tickets when we mapped out where it is and it's a lot further than we originally thought. We could go and stay in a hotel, but we really don't have the money for that right now, as I was sick a couple weeks ago. So I'm unable to go but my husband is going to make it so we can watch the live stream on our TV. He feels really bad, but he gets up for work at 5:30, it would be a risk to go there and come home in the same day.

Things are actually a lot better at home now. I'm just having to learn to not keep things bottled up and I do have to go on a medication for my depression as well. I think those two things combined will make life easier for me.

Oh yeah, I so need to start using the word "chuffed" now! Ha ha!!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
I'm super glad to hear things are going better at home!

Too bad you can't make it to the concert in person. You need Cannon Travel, from The Secret of Mana.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Yeah things are getting there. It sucks because I'm going through a phase with my depression right now and every day seems to be a struggle. I absolutely hate it. I know it will get better so it's just trying to get to that point.

Yes, I definitely need Cannon Travel! I'm bummed about it too but it beats getting into a potential car accident!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
The live stream is tonight, right?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
You need Cannon Travel, from The Secret of Mana.

Gotta talk to Professor Bomb and/or the Cannon Bros to get this tech up and running. Come on Musk, who needs Tesla when we have CANNONS?!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
The live stream is tonight, right?
Yeah! The email I got says 7:30 PM EST.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
It's actually playing right now!  The audio quality is...well...bad...but they said they will release and HD recording, or something like that.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Yeah, I tried to jump in after the fact and listened to parts of it before I gave up due to the audio quality, I couldn't sit through the 2 hours of fuzziness. Otherwise I'd go listen to some noisy shoegaze music!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
It's unfortunate the live stream was poor quality, but I have no doubt the digital album will be up to par. I'm sure the actual concert was good too. Did anyone here end up making it?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
I say CptOvaline does a live concert next.

GWAH HA HA HA HA HAAA

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
It's unfortunate the live stream was poor quality, but I have no doubt the digital album will be up to par. I'm sure the actual concert was good too. Did anyone here end up making it?

From what I could pick through the poor quality, it sounded like the group performed well!  I'm excited to hear how their recordings turn out!

I say CptOvaline does a live concert next.

GWAH HA HA HA HA HAAA

I would love too! It's actually one of my dreams for Cross Symphonic, for it to tour and be performed by Symphonies around the world, much like the Distant Worlds concerts.

Actually, if a fund raiser did well enough I could have Cross Symphonic recorded by a live orchestra!