Author Topic: How do I...?  (Read 2391 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
How do I...?
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:59:08 am »
Just some general TF questions I couldn't figure out on my own or through the guides/tutorials/Modification's page/ scouring the forums.

1. Where would I locate the sprites for the time period display in the lower left corner? Say if I wanted to change 600 AD to 605AD for example? I couldn't find it in the CT unheadered sprite info excel document.

2. How do I rename an exit? For example, if I wanted Leene's Square to change to Nadia's Square when walking over to it on the overworld.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: How do I...?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:14:42 am »
1) There's a compressed packet at 0x05DA88 with the year icons. You should also change Window -> Strings -> Years to match for the minimap/save files.

2) Window -> Strings -> Locations for the text. Overworld -> Exits -> Name to choose a different one.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 02:22:53 am »
Ahhh! Thank you! <3

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 04:19:06 pm »
More questions!

So you know how in 1000 AD its a desert wasteland and then later, its a lush forest (if you do Fiona's sidquest). How do I make these map changes? Another example would be in CE where after Zeal takes the masamune the Vanguard building appears. I assume it has something to do with the tiles and coding?

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 04:28:31 pm »
If you play with the layers you'll see that the forest is actually hidden under the ocean in 1000ad and it's moved to the desert with the copytiles line in the script, the buildings however don't work and I believe are actually sprites.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 07:30:40 pm »
Ahh! Thank you! That makes sense!